1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First i already own the Aquacomputer Ultitop D5 Dual

Output device Camera accessory Font Lens Gadget

Just waiting on the day they release the RTX4080 and Ryzen 7000 or Raptor Lake cpu's.
Are there any owners of this DUAL D5 top that can tell me how it performs ie sound, flowrate, vibrations, pressure?

But if its not that good i can then decide to keep it or find me another dual top that is better. I rather keep it since it would be a waste of money if not used.
So hopefully it does perform good pretty weird can't find much on user feedback on this DUAL D5 top or reviews for that matter as well ie a compare between different DUAL D5 tops.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Would need to see the interior ports to see how the water flows. There is a dual top that works opposite of the way the D5 was designed but I forgot the manufacturer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply StAndrew,

So weird its sold out in many shops yet no customer reviews NOR people giving feedback on this DUAL D5 top. I have been searching but no real luck. Hopefully more people will chime in and tell their experience with this D5 dual top.

·
Rig Advisor
4,651 Posts
Thanks for the reply StAndrew,

So weird its sold out in many shops yet no customer reviews NOR people giving feedback on this DUAL D5 top. I have been searching but no real luck. Hopefully more people will chime in and tell their experience with this D5 dual top.
I have never used it personally, but all of my tubes, toppers and pumps are Alpha computer. I wager it's vastly superior to anything else on the market.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have never used it personally, but all of my tubes, toppers and pumps are Alpha computer. I wager it's vastly superior to anything else on the market.
Any reviews on their "Double Protect Ultra" coolant? I rarely see it mentioned anywhere -- everyone seems to be using some sort of Mayhems here -- but I am considering using this next time I change coolant. I already use their D5 pump/res which is excellent and the res is made of real glass.

·
Rig Advisor
4,651 Posts
Any reviews on their "Double Protect Ultra" coolant? I rarely see it mentioned anywhere -- everyone seems to be using some sort of Mayhems here -- but I am considering using this next time I change coolant. I already use their D5 pump/res which is excellent and the res is made of real glass.
I have never used it or know anyone personally who has. I suspect it will be fine to use. I would stick to clear though, no matter what you end up going with.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks very similar to my EK Twin D5 Revo top. That runs very well. Installed a 150 ml tube reservoir above it.

·
WaterCooler
5,266 Posts
I have never used it or know anyone personally who has. I suspect it will be fine to use. I would stick to clear though, no matter what you end up going with.
Agreed, I've never used it or know anyone who has used it, so couldn't say. @ciarlatano might know.

But 100% agree - stick to the clear.

·
Shooting down fallacies
9,401 Posts
Agreed, I've never used it or know anyone who has used it, so couldn't say. @ciarlatano might know.

But 100% agree - stick to the clear.
I've never had a chance to use it, but I have also never seen a complaint about it while seeing numerous users with good experiences. That's all the input I can give. If I couldn't get Mayhems, I would try this or Koolance 702 which also has a great reputation.

And....clear. Always clear.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder if I should order some this week once the loop is back together. As it says their coolant is very low conductivity. Or stick to XT-1 Nuke...
Low or non conductive is pretty useless it might be non conductive for the first 30 min or hour just AIR pressure your rig for leaks with like Dr. Drop for example.

·
Rig Advisor
4,651 Posts
Low or non conductive is pretty useless it might be non conductive for the first 30 min or hour just AIR pressure your rig for leaks with like Dr. Drop for example.
Is this true though? I was under the impression that low conductivity in coolant reduced ionization between metallic components in the loop and slows down the process of galvanic corrosion. Ph has always been paramount in maintaining and I have always tried to monitor the conductivity of my loop. The Aqua Computer high flow next is a good example of how one can monitor levels.

Not sure why you mentioned air pressure testing though.... 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
789 Posts
Is this true though? I was under the impression that low conductivity in coolant reduced ionization between metallic components in the loop and slows down the process of galvanic corrosion. Ph has always been paramount in maintaining and I have always tried to monitor the conductivity of my loop. The Aqua Computer high flow next is a good example of how one can monitor levels.

XT-1 was reading anything from 50 - 77µS conductivity even after two months.

"EK and AQ use differing methodoligies, EK adds an inhibitor to their fluid, wheres AQ minimizes additives in the fluid to reduce conductivity.
If the conductivity of Cryofuel is outside the design range of the Flow Next, it will be off scale.
The Flow NEXT is calibrated for DP Ultra and distilled water, with the conductivity value when new being designated as 100%. This 100% will only be true for identically brewed fluids, all others need calibration.

One cannot expect the greatest accuracy at the price point of the devices used in our hobby industry, but then accuracy is not as important as being able to detect change over time. This I believe to be true for both flow and conductivity"

"The manufacturer's (AquaComputer) website also states: “If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. In this case, the coolant should be replaced." This is not entirely true (for EK CryoFuel), because until the corrosion inhibitor starts to work, it is present in the liquid, hence the high conductivity. Over time, the inhibitor is consumed because it blocks corrosion and the conductivity of the fluid begins to decline. However, this statement holds true for distilled water; the greater the presence of corrosion in the system, the higher the water conductivity."

This is why it's crucial on the High Flow Next 2. It lists the reading of conductivity which is in relation to the quality of the water.

No idea why they mentioning air pressure testing either. That has nothing to do with it.

Conductivity doesn't run out within hours or days.

"The conductivity from normal tap water (in Germany) is 250 µS ... 800 µS."

"Ask EK, 1000µS is the same water quality as a river or a lake. this is far away from any that you can use in a water cooling loop.
The high flow read valid conductivity data up to 200µS. For everything above this value, the sensor read a value from 200 µS ... X."

·
Rig Advisor
4,651 Posts
XT-1 was reading anything from 50 - 77µS conductivity even after two months.

"EK and AQ use differing methodoligies, EK adds an inhibitor to their fluid, wheres AQ minimizes additives in the fluid to reduce conductivity.
If the conductivity of Cryofuel is outside the design range of the Flow Next, it will be off scale.
The Flow NEXT is calibrated for DP Ultra and distilled water, with the conductivity value when new being designated as 100%. This 100% will only be true for identically brewed fluids, all others need calibration.

One cannot expect the greatest accuracy at the price point of the devices used in our hobby industry, but then accuracy is not as important as being able to detect change over time. This I believe to be true for both flow and conductivity"

"The manufacturer's (AquaComputer) website also states: “If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. In this case, the coolant should be replaced." This is not entirely true (for EK CryoFuel), because until the corrosion inhibitor starts to work, it is present in the liquid, hence the high conductivity. Over time, the inhibitor is consumed because it blocks corrosion and the conductivity of the fluid begins to decline. However, this statement holds true for distilled water; the greater the presence of corrosion in the system, the higher the water conductivity."

This is why it's crucial on the High Flow Next 2. It lists the reading of conductivity which is in relation to the quality of the water.

No idea why they mentioning air pressure testing either. That has nothing to do with it.

Conductivity doesn't run out within hours or days.

"The conductivity from normal tap water (in Germany) is 250 µS ... 800 µS."

"Ask EK, 1000µS is the same water quality as a river or a lake. this is far away from any that you can use in a water cooling loop.
The high flow read valid conductivity data up to 200µS. For everything above this value, the sensor read a value from 200 µS ... X."
Quite right on the XT-1 conductivity. This coolant has been in operation next to a window that gets sun for about 9 months now. The water quality was never 100% even new.

Gadget Audio equipment Gas Display device Technology

·
Registered
789 Posts
Ever noticed the XT-1 conductivity gets lower the hotter the water becomes, then rises as it cools? One time I saw it at 88µS when the system was off with a room temperature and water temperature of 19C.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I thought you would do this for leak testing in case of a leak even tho there is no current going through your hardware since your using the pump on a seperate psu, but just in case. The moment the nonconductive coolant gets in contact with particles inside your loop it loses its potency ive read into that topic and most are against it. But thats a while ago maybe they improved upon the coolant? And for how long will it be nonconductive?

·
Rig Advisor
4,651 Posts
I thought you would do this for leak testing in case of a leak even tho there is no current going through your hardware since your using the pump on a seperate psu, but just in case. The moment the nonconductive coolant gets in contact with particles inside your loop it loses its potency ive read into that topic and most are against it. But thats a while ago maybe they improved upon the coolant? And for how long will it be nonconductive?
I'm not trying to be rude here, but thought you would do what for leak testing?. Have we moved on from your initial inquiry about the quality of this dual topper?

Most coolant comes with inhibitors to make it less conductive, these are used over time. The length of time those inhibitors will last is highly dependent on many factors such as sunlight, Ph, loop metal interactions, etc... Most all coolants made today are pretty similar in their ability to protect your loop.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts