Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I haven't oc'ed this proc. at all until today because I just got it about 2 weeks ago so I decided to run it at stock for a while. Runs games much better than my old XP-3000+, thats for sure. I only did a tiny oc from 2.2 - 2.37 but it upped my am3 score by 5,000! I was surprised, but I finally broke 70k opposed to the max of 56k I got on my old proc. Gonna run 3dMark05 next and see how that goes.

The first picture is before oc'ed proc. and second is after at 2.37

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Pretty nice increase. Man, if only I was able to break 30,000... You can probably go a bit higher on that chip before you'll need to watercool. Also, that GPU will hold you back if you try out 3DMark06, which is very demanding on CPU and GPU. Give it a try thought, as I'm sure you will beat my score of 661

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

your 3d mark score will stay the same

yeah it did pretty much

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
aquamark relys alot on the cpu for its score....so do the earlier 3Dmarks, but 3D05/6 is all graphics.....and cpu speed might make a slight difference, not much.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quick question.....if ur GPU score is lower than ur CPU score, can u conclude that ur GPU is slower than ur CPU and vice versa?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
thats a good question, and you would think it makes sense that way. I'm really not sure. It would be cool to find out from those results if your cpu is bottlenecking your video card..
Like if your cpu score was lower than your graphics, then it would be bottlenecking you would think

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
actually AquaMark relies heavily on memory also

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

thats a good question, and you would think it makes sense that way. I'm really not sure. It would be cool to find out from those results if your cpu is bottlenecking your video card..
Like if your cpu score was lower than your graphics, then it would be bottlenecking you would think

yea..that'd be interesting, I know my graphics score in AM3 did increase by about 1,000 after oc'ing the CPU.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchc05

Hey,

I haven't oc'ed this proc. at all until today because I just got it about 2 weeks ago so I decided to run it at stock for a while. Runs games much better than my old XP-3000+, thats for sure. I only did a tiny oc from 2.2 - 2.37 but it upped my am3 score by 5,000! I was surprised, but I finally broke 70k opposed to the max of 56k I got on my old proc. Gonna run 3dMark05 next and see how that goes.

The first picture is before oc'ed proc. and second is after at 2.37

Notice how your GPU score went up along with the CPU score? You are still bottlenecking the vid card. When the GPU stops going up with the CPU speed you have matched the 2 for performance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can go along way with that processor , i ran mine on air @ 2805 (255X11)
with a stock vcore . My AQM scores seem to like the memory 1:1 (93,154) , if i use a divider and a higher cpu setting (2915mhz 265X11) , i lose about 1K. (91,983). When you get the OCZ you should really be able to open it up. Rukkee

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
3dmark05 will see an increase in score but don't be let down if it isn't what you may have expected, but when I oc'd mine the score went up in 05, but the whole computer was waaaaayyyyyyyyy quicker in loading times, games, and anythig really involving the cpu. I guess that's what happens when you oc a cpu by 600/800mhz.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukkee

You can go along way with that processor , i ran mine on air @ 2805 (255X11)
with a stock vcore . My AQM scores seem to like the memory 1:1 (93,154) , if i use a divider and a higher cpu setting (2915mhz 265X11) , i lose about 1K. (91,983). When you get the OCZ you should really be able to open it up. Rukkee

Im gonna try some more tonight..temps haven't even gone up at all; no more than 44C load running OCCT

Hopefully get to 2640 (240*11) and I'll be happy! RAM will be running at 188 from the stock of 166 with the CPU at 240 so I think I should be ok.

Thanks again

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what would be the best way to get more out of the CPU without overclocking the RAM...just putting the multi up?

EDIT: nvm, stupid question because the RAM goes by CPU speed...changing the divider would be how

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchc05

Thanks for all the replies...

Im gonna try some more tonight..temps haven't even gone up at all; no more than 44C load running OCCT

Hopefully get to 2640 (240*11) and I'll be happy! RAM will be running at 188 from the stock of 166 with the CPU at 240 so I think I should be ok.

Thanks again

NP let me know if ya run into any trouble . I would think as long as you can keep the memory happy with a divider , the cpu should do well upto 2.8. After that i had to bump up the vcore , and then it started to build heat . Im on water so it wasnt an issue , im not fimilar with your hs/f combo , but if its half way decent it might handle 2.8+ . My temps never changed from 2.2ghz through 2.8ghz . Good luck!

Edit , i see your running a stock hs/f combo . I have my old Thermaltake venus 12 leaf blower layin around if you need one . From what ive heard the stock one does a fair job thou .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

my aquamark must suck then,......i get 56.2k

that's strange..with your setup I would've expected it to be higher than mine..aquamark is old enough that it wouldn't take advantage of dual core procs though

EDIT: diff. topic..what difference would it make setting the HTT to 2x, 3x, 4x etc. right now its just on auto?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Attachment 19622

Attachment 19623i have some gd cpu marks but my gpu sucks when i get my 7800gt will i get better scores and what sorta scores ??? my cpu is at 2.5ghz from 2.0 ghz

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzo15

i have some gd cpu marks but my gpu sucks when i get my 7800gt will i get better scores and what sorta scores ??? my cpu is at 2.5ghz from 2.0 ghz

I'd say somewhere in the 80-85K range depending n your RAM setup. Here's my setup and AM3 score. My score went up 4K points from dropping my CAS timing to 2.5 and from 2T to 1T

·
Registered
219 Posts
i know people who have hit 2.8-30 with air =\\ so you have a lot of headroom, escpecially if it a new revision of the sandy =] keep uping that oc =] -trey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts