Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It crashes after a massive explosion .. about 2-3 minutes in.
I tried reinstalling .. but I always get the same Access violation ...
3dmark05 has no problems though ...

What could cause such an error ?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
It is a common error. Download my attached file, extract the dll file and overwrite the one in your aquamark3 install directory in program files. It is a fixed dll that cures the problem you mentioned. The massive explosion is called massive overdraw and it is the end of the benchmark, you should get your score right after it after using this fixed dll.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooooooooooo

I love you

60K points at stock flashed speeds ...

time bench with massive overclock

Thanks a lot dude !!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ducool2001
View Post

Hy,

I have a 3870 x2 Powercolor. It crashes in Aquamark 3 although i overcopy that directpl.dll. Anybody can help me? Thanks

Yes. Overwrite it.

EDIT: I missed that one. Just try to uninstall AQ3 and reinstall and copy that file again.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
also have this issue and no matter uninstalling/reinstalling or overwriting of dll's and exe's has fixed this issue.

Grumpy that this benchmark isn't working for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RPIJG
View Post

also have this issue and no matter uninstalling/reinstalling or overwriting of dll's and exe's has fixed this issue.

Grumpy that this benchmark isn't working for me.

Hi RPIJG,
AM3 isn't working on Vista x64 and even if it would, Vista is the wrong OS for a high score. - Use XP (32bit) instead.
The best (and maximum) setup for AM3 would be a Dual Core with Dual GPU. Anything above that would be a waste of hardware and wouldn't result in a higher score.
If using a Quad Core CPU, one should disable Core 3 and 4 (through BIOS or simply by adding /NUMPROC=2 in BOOT.INI), and getting therewith higher CPU clock speeds with less temperature. - And that clock speeds will definitely result in higher scores, especially in AM3 which is very CPU bounded.

AM3 is one of the four reasons why I'm actually still using Win XP.
The other three are 3DMark 01, PCMark 04 and SuperPi

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I can make it work by deleting the Direcpll.dll just as an FYI for anyone out there.

Yes, the bench is outdated, but if you are a becoming a benching whore like myself...well...you just want them to run.

Thanks RAMDAC for the info...it was obvious to me when I only got 155K that it didn't play well with Vista, I've got WinXP Pro x86, I suppose at some point I can just dump that on another HDD and boot into that for some of these benches.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I'll have to try that one. I thought I had tried them all, but couldn't get it to work without deleting direcpll.dll

·
Registered
283 Posts
wow, this thread is like an old pair of shoes...
you just keep coming back to them.

Anyhow, I am currently having the above issue as well. Black screen but I can see my mouse cursor... cant do anything but reset the pc.

I tried using both the original, 1st edit, and 2nd edit of that .dll file to no avail... I'll keep trying I suppose. I know I had the same problem back with my FX-62/R580 setup and got it to work so. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Try this fix and see what you get.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by revan05
View Post

hrmm... ok well I restarted and unzipped the 2008 version of the .dll into the folder, again; this time it worked!! strange..?

I scored 177,976. I'm "guessing" thats pretty respectable?

Seems so, since my i7 920 and my ati 5870 only scores 153,025.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Yes running Win 7 Ultimate x64.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Oh it is fine as i really don't get to worked up over a synthetic benchmark. I was just telling you what i got for compare since you asked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts