Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the 10th of this month I placed an order with Aquatuning USA for an Alphacool NeXXoS GPX ATI R390 M01, The website didn't say it was out of stock, so I placed the order. A day later I got an email from a rep in Germany stating the item was out of stock but that they should have it in within a few days. OK, I can wait. Well the 18th rolls around and I get another email stating that there was an error and they expect to have stock delivered to them on the 23rd or 24th and it would be shipped same day. The 24th rolls around, and I've heard nothing, so I sent another email, but got an automatic reply stating that particular rep was on vacation. So I send a new email to their generic support address. No response until yesterday, when I was told "the item will be delivered" on the 30th, so I responded asking for a tracking number. I got a response stating that I would receive a tracking number when the item gets shipped to me. WTH!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well today is the 30th, and I have not received any indication that my item has been shipped, and at the time of authoring, it's 8pm in Germany. I want to bang my head against the wall!!!! Alphacool is a German based company, Aquatuning is a German based company, why is it taking 20+ days to ship an item??

I'd cancel the order and place another one somewhere else, but I can't find any other vendors that have it in stock. Im so damn frustrated with this!
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,827 Posts
Why did you ask for a tracking number before it shipped? A tracking number doesn't get generated until the shipping label is created, which obviously hasn't been done yet since they haven't been able to ship it yet. Once they are able to ship it, a shipping label will have to be created for that shipment which will then generate a tracking number - provided the shipping method has tracking. Even then, as you know, tracking information isn't immediately available; you usually have to wait like a day or so.

I don't know how things work in Germany, but here in the States it has only been 14 business days from the date of your order - today is the 14th business day. I waited well over a month one time ordering overseas. Be patient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Why did you ask for a tracking number before it shipped? A tracking number doesn't get generated until the shipping label is created, which obviously hasn't been done yet since they haven't been able to ship it yet. Once they are able to ship it, a shipping label will have to be created for that shipment which will then generate a tracking number - provided the shipping method has tracking. Even then, as you know, tracking information isn't immediately available; you usually have to wait like a day or so.

I don't know how things work in Germany, but here in the States it has only been 14 business days from the date of your order - today is the 14th business day. I waited well over a month one time ordering overseas. Be patient.
It is not as though the English used to communicate was the best. I was under the impression that when they told me, most recently, "the item will be delivered on the 30.03.2016", that meant I would receive the item on that date, as it has been two business weeks, as you kindly pointed out, since the order was placed. In their correspondence, they used words like shipped and delivered, leading me to assume it had been shipped, and will be delivered to me, instead of using words like, we haven't received the item.

Even in the US, transcontinental shipment doesn't usually require 14 business days to receive. I can understand the item was out of stock, and I have no problem with that or waiting, but some clarity would be nice.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synntx View Post

It is not as though the English used to communicate was the best. I was under the impression that when they told me, most recently, "the item will be delivered on the 30.03.2016", that meant I would receive the item on that date, as it has been two business weeks, as you kindly pointed out, since the order was placed. In their correspondence, they used words like shipped and delivered, leading me to assume it had been shipped, and will be delivered to me, instead of using words like, we haven't received the item.

Even in the US, transcontinental shipment doesn't usually require 14 business days to receive. I can understand the item was out of stock, and I have no problem with that or waiting, but some clarity would be nice.
Oh dammit. Facepalm @ myself. I read "The item will be shipped" on March 30th. Crap. Sigh. lol Sorry about that.

Now that I am understanding this correctly, I apologize again and I agree: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THESE PEOPLE? "Ok, you tell me it will be delivered soon, so that means it has been shipped. Therefore, I assume that you might have a tracking number for me." Geez. Ok, so I get it now. I'd be pretty frustrated with them too.

I wonder if they meant that the item will be shipped on March 30th, like maybe they have bad English. I don't know what it's like to call Germany from the U.S., but I would get on the phone with them if possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Oh dammit. Facepalm @ myself. I read "The item will be shipped" on March 30th. Crap. Sigh. lol Sorry about that.

Now that I am understanding this correctly, I apologize again and I agree: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THESE PEOPLE? "Ok, you tell me it will be delivered soon, so that means it has been shipped. Therefore, I assume that you might have a tracking number for me." Geez. Ok, so I get it now. I'd be pretty frustrated with them too.

I wonder if they meant that the item will be shipped on March 30th, like maybe they have bad English. I don't know what it's like to call Germany from the U.S., but I would get on the phone with them if possible.
The biggest issue with calling is the time zone difference. They're 7 hours ahead. Im just kinda fed up with this. I want what I paid for.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synntx View Post

The biggest issue with calling is the time zone difference. They're 7 hours ahead. Im just kinda fed up with this. I want what I paid for.
I know there's a time zone difference of about 7 hours. Are you saying that you can't get up earlier or just stay up in order to call them while they're still open? At this point, it seems like a very small thing to do in order to figure this out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

I know there's a time zone difference of about 7 hours. Are you saying that you can't get up earlier or just stay up in order to call them while they're still open? At this point, it seems like a very small thing to do in order to figure this out.
Well i received another email from them this morning that says they should now receive the item on April 8th. SMH. Though it would appear that Alphacool may be to blame for the delay judging by their website. Maybe I should cancel the order with Aquatuning and order straight from Alphacool.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synntx View Post

Well i received another email from them this morning that says they should now receive the item on April 8th. SMH. Though it would appear that Alphacool may be to blame for the delay judging by their website. Maybe I should cancel the order with Aquatuning and order straight from Alphacool.
Right, that would probably result in you receiving it even later.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top