2,314 Posts
I think it looks good.

·
Banned
654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawII
View Post

Why do they have it pictured with a 5970? I thought it was supposed to compete with a 5870. Hmmm interesting could we have a giant killer here?

i think you may be on to something.. i believe that this card WILL be crippled by heat meaning with water you would be able to (hoping) match the 5970 for performance with an insane overclock.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I am wondering if the cover on top of the heatsink is made of metal as well(helping with heat even more).

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Why do they have it pictured with a 5970? I thought it was supposed to compete with a 5870. Hmmm interesting could we have a giant killer here?

Its just to compare size, noting else. The 5970 is still the fastest card in the world even with the GTX480 coming out.

Also hmm wonder what the size is compared to the 5870. Looks like the GT200 series GPU's though, not that exciting.

Also isn't it a rule that non-English sources are a no no in news?

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I think it was meant to be a size comparison

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade1000000
View Post

i think you may be on to something.. i believe that this card WILL be crippled by heat meaning with water you would be able to (hoping) match the 5970 for performance with an insane overclock.

Quite possibly, Fermi was originally designed to have quite high clocks, but was probably limited by the PCI-e specs (I don't think OEMs can sell the card if it's over pci-e spec) and cooler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucklez
View Post

Its just to compare size, noting else. The 5970 is still the fastest card in the world even with the GTX480 coming out.

Also hmm wonder what the size is compared to the 5870. Looks like the GT200 series GPU's though, not that exciting.

Also isn't it a rule that non-English sources are a no no in news?

Pictures = universal language.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Only for single-GPU cards at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade1000000
View Post

And the 5970 is two underclocked HD5870s that are a beast under water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quakermaas
View Post

I am wondering if the cover on top of the heatsink is made of metal as well(helping with heat even more).

I'm sure it is.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Quote:

Pictures = universal language.

I stopped posting news because of this. But believe me this rule is gonna change since now we r getting news from "foreign" websites more/faster than English ones. (ex. donanimhaber)

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. Remove the heat and u have an "original" fermi + OC
We just have to wait and see...Kinda want to see what MSI gonna do. Since the twin frozer is composed of 4 heatpipes (same as stock). Could we see Twin frozer III ?!?! Or triple frozer II
).

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
from the same site where those bad graphs came from yesterday. but you can't fake fermi, nvidia already proved that lol.

really like the look or the plate on top of the heat sink. If it's metal it will probably weigh a ton though

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steven937595
View Post

from the same site where those bad graphs came from yesterday. but you can't fake fermi, nvidia already proved that lol.

really like the look or the plate on top of the heat sink. If it's metal it will probably weigh a ton though

Lol just think if it was copper. Ultra120 Copper on a GPU anyone?

But I do like the look, how they put the heatsink as the cover instead of some plastic and a sticker.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.