Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im pretty new to all this and i just bought a new vid card. the one in the title. i was wondering how good this is card is. and i was not sure if its vga and will hook up to my monitor?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
flash it to a 5500 and play half life 2 at 1024x768 at max settings at 60fps (except for shaders but it looks too glossy anyways with them on high) same with counterstrike source

·
Registered
907 Posts
easier said than done i have the same card and runs most gams great on low setting i tryed to flash my card but it didnt work lol my cards fault so i overclocked it with coolbits 2.0 being honest it isnt a very good card for todays games at all
hence why im going to get a 6800/7800 soon lol if you need help overclocking it or what programs to do so just ask !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveont

Hi im pretty new to all this and i just bought a new vid card. the one in the title. i was wondering how good this is card is. and i was not sure if its vga and will hook up to my monitor?

Thanks

Sell this 5200 and go get Radeon 9550 at approximate price is he
5200 is too slow for games
good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it so i could play games like Black&white 2. and knights of the old republic 2. etc

How would this card stand up and handle the game play on these games

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was wondering. when setting up a vidcard. when the instucktions. they say for a 128. should be set to 32mb in the bios. am i not gettin the full power of my card if its at 32 and not 128? thanks if someone can explain to me

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveont

Was wondering. when setting up a vidcard. when the instucktions. they say for a 128. should be set to 32mb in the bios. am i not gettin the full power of my card if its at 32 and not 128? thanks if someone can explain to me

They mean your AGP apeture(sp?).You can try different settings and see which works best for you.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I'm thinking you're talking about aperture size. Aperture size is the amt. RAM you allow the video card to take when the video card runs out of its own RAM. Since you only have 512 MB RAM, it's not a good idea to set it too high, but setting it at 64 MB ~ 128 MBseems fair to me.

BTW, FX5200 is not the best card in the market, but it should do well. I personally have no idea how old any of those games you want to play are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks busa and Zipnogg . so if i set it to. 64mb i might get some better game play outta my card?

Games are like doom 3, black&white 2. etc

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
On a FX5200, Doom3 is a big "maybe"

Set the aperture to 128MB and see if Doom3 runs. All low, though.

·
Registered
907 Posts
here this should help i dont want to be the one to tell you but iwas on looking at tomshardware and black and white is a very demanding game even for todays cards i think this was the wrong move to make but will do you neam whil until you update if you do im quite sure it will be playable at low settings and resolution

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/...ii/page14.html
lol

sry miby if you can afford it buy a 7800gt they are starting to drop in price because

1 being discontinued
2 the 7900s are being brung out im sure u have heard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts