Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I need to know how to archive some of my DVD's on my hard drives. Usually, I would use DVD Rip and DVD shrink, but the problem I am encountering is they export in Video TS/ Audio Ts folders. I need to have it exported as either an Avi or Divx file. So everyone understands what I am doing, I am sharing my DVD's on my home server, so I can access them while at my office.

What would be the best format for lowest size footprint, while maintaining good quality?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Acutally, if you want something that is really good, I HIGHLY recommend DVDFab! I use it almost 3 times a week when I rent dvds, and its really sweet. No problems with it at all!

dvdfab.com

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
Acutally, if you want something that is really good, I HIGHLY recommend DVDFab! I use it almost 3 times a week when I rent dvds, and its really sweet. No problems with it at all!

dvdfab.com
i have DVD fab, it does not allow me to change it to Divx or avi or the like. I can not have it output in video/audio ts folders.

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Ahh, I get you. Thats why I rip with DVD fab only to do FULL DVD rips. And if I want it to be in a AVI, I use Roxio DVD Copy, which allows me to convert those folders to any format.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
HandBrake

I use this on my Mac (Also supports Windows and Linux) and I highly recommend it. It's to convert to different forms of video, like to put it on your iPod. To rip use this guide for VLC player.

~B~

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmansueto
View Post

Hello everyone. I need to know how to archive some of my DVD's on my hard drives. Usually, I would use DVD Rip and DVD shrink, but the problem I am encountering is they export in Video TS/ Audio Ts folders. I need to have it exported as either an Avi or Divx file. So everyone understands what I am doing, I am sharing my DVD's on my home server, so I can access them while at my office.

What would be the best format for lowest size footprint, while maintaining good quality?

thanks.

H.264/MPEG-4 AVC is your best bet Handbrake, Ripbot,StaxRip,Nero Recode, Xvid4PSP and Tmpgenc MovieStyle any of those will work. I would tryout Ripbot 1st I like it the best

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Handbrake is very old.

Also, OP, just look around this forum. I'm sure you'll find a similar post less than 3 pages away.

Or you could google it. The first result looks spammy, so skip that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts