Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my computer.
I was inspired by an Arctic white Subaru WRX/STI.

My original build was modeled after the Twinz Nissan 300zx

Teaser

Just need to build a desk around my computer. Pictures will be posted soon. But for now enjoy my current setup.
Corsair M90 and White K70 With White LED

Nvidia Shield Tablet and Controller

Skeleton Frame

NZXT Phantom 410

Custom Copper Liquid Cooling

Externally mounted Radiator

Wire Tuck

K70 Cool White LED conversion

Before

After

My Computer as of 12/26/15
SPECs:
NZXT Phantom 410
ASUS M5A99FX PRO 2.0
SLI PNY Geforce GTX650 Ti Boost (Two of these)
AMD FX-8320 OC 4.00
G-Skill RipjawX 16gb (2x8gb)
Corsair CX750M watt PSU
Western Digital 1tb (storage)
Samsung Evo SSD 250gb (Operating system)
Asus Blueray player
Ebay LED fog lights

Corsair K70 keyboard with Custom White LEDs
Corsair M95 Mouse

Swiftech Apogee HD
Swiftech MCW82 (one for each card)
Swiftech Mini Reservoir
Swiftech MCP655
XSPC EX360
Custom 12mm OD Copper piping
Bitspower BP-DWWP-C47 white (qty: 10)
ENERMAX UC-12EB 120mm (qty:6)

Dual White Asus VX238

Windows 7 Pro
I have more pictures and I hope I can spread my knowledge and experiences with you all.

Enjoy,
Niko

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154259234070125.1073741827.869990124&type=1&l=a265023cfb

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks ugly imho. The outside heatsink with fans must be loud on load i bet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the look but your opions are welcome. The loudest fan on my pc is the power supply but the exterior fans are only 1000 rpm. Makes noise but not enough to hear while gaming.
There is a cluster of copper pipes near the graphics card because the the bender i used doesnt have a tight enough radius to fit some pipes the way i wanted. Compromises :/

·
Registered
974 Posts
i mean inside the case it looks all fine, i just dont like the exterior cooler, maybe invest in bigger case so you could make it cleaner?

Can you also post us specs?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice! how do you like the Phantom 410? I was thinking of getting a H230 but it doesnt have top panel fan mounts like the phantom 410.

Also why didnt you route the cpu 8pin cable behind the motherboard and over the top?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phantom 410 is pretty nice, could use more room behind for wire tucking and the seems in the case let light pass through.

The 8pin cable was too short, i'm going to extend it to tuck it behind eventually. I would like to extend most if not all wires to tuck them better.
]
The water pump line always faces a wall if its mounted there and at the time i wasn't confident in my ability to modify my case. I left it there for the copper lines because it was easier for me.

I really like the new nzxt h440. I may get it and redo the copper lines but they take FOREVER...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just posted some updated pictures and info about my build.

Whats new?
Got a new set of White Monitors from Asus. I also got a new desk. I wire tucked a little bit more, like some people have suggested to me.

Whats next?
Looking to buy a corsair power supply, the loudest fan on my computer is the PSU fan. What is your opinion on Modular PSU?
I'm planning to build a computer stand/desk. It will be pretty interesting to design, fun to build and even more fun to use. I'll probably be done by the end of the summer. any pictures for Your custom desks would be helpful!

·
Premium Member
4,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCPU View Post

What is your opinion on Modular PSU?
I switched to one a couple of months ago, when someone on the OCN marketplace was offering a new Fractal Newton R3 at what amounted to about 50 cents on the dollar. It's not only modular, it also basically never even spins up the fans, or at least does it so quietly you never hear it. After this, I don't think I can ever go back to a regular power supply. If I had known how much more convenient a modular PSU was, and how much I would appreciate how quiet this one is, I would have gotten one a long time ago. Seriously, you can't even hear this rig anymore unless the 6970 is running at full tilt.

You've put all that work into that build, why not treat it to great power supply?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just posted some Updated pictures of my Arctic Computer build and the All-in-one Custom Minimalist Gaming Stand. More to come when I build the Keyboard tray! Stay Tuned

·
Banned
2,912 Posts
That a very neat build. Copper piping and a tidy build.
I give max ratings for looks
thumb.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.