Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the arctic cooler 64 etc, and i was wondering if the fan was replacable with another fan. i have not looked at it myself yet due to the fact its in the mail on the way to my house

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't think you can i have one and the fan is mounted on rubber brackets to keep it silent i think it will be very dificult.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Maybe with a little modifacation. sometimes you have to make your own mounts, I do on about everything I get.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
you cant just replace it, but im sure if you wanted or needed to it is possible. the fan it comes with should be good enough. if you want more cooling you would probably want a high cfm fan on a big typhoon instead. the a64 is still plenty good for even a decent oc.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanx, i wasnt planning on replacing it right away but i wanted to make sure that it was replacable if need be.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yasha32

ok thanx, i wasnt planning on replacing it right away but i wanted to make sure that it was replacable if need be.

Mount it so it blows air to the back of your case, and have a 120mm fan there for exhaust. Mine works well even without the supplied fan!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastacator

Mount it so it blows air to the back of your case, and have a 120mm fan there for exhaust. Mine works well even without the supplied fan!

do u mean without a fan on the heatsink?? or on the back of the case??

·
Registered
80 Posts
he means mount the heatsink with the supplied fan so it blows air into a 120mm exhaust. that is what i have done also. good choice on the freezer 64, mine dropped temps significantly and it was pretty cheap.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now that i have it up and running, it is very quiet and has lowered temps by only 4 celsius under load and none while idling. it is far superior to stock cooling, but it doesnt seem "Amazing!" i am gonna try to repalce the stock fan temporarily to see if there is a temp difference.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, replacing the fan with an antec 40 cfm one brought the temps down 2 extra celsius. so i put the stock one back one and put another fan on the other side of it sucking air through it as well as the other bowing and it brought it down 4 celsius. so im sticking with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts