Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My prodigy arrived in the mail yesterday and after a couple of hours later....

Specs:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Arctic White
PSU: Corsair AX650
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16Gb DDR3
SSD: Corsair Force 3 90Gb
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1Tb
HDD: WD Caviar Green 2Tb
GPU: ASUS GTX670 DCII
Fans: Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 200mm & 120mm

This case for the most part was really easy to work with. There are definitely a few limitations, however when using this form factor that is to be expected.

A lot of people have said that a fully modular 160mm power supply will not fit. I was able to get my AX650 in there (much to the relief of my bank account) by mounting the bracket to the PSU prior to pushing the power supply in. Then it was a case of forcing it in and tightening the four screws bit by bit to nudge it slowly into place.

9.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd love more info on temps. I really like the white look, but the black version has extra mesh on the front for air intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After running a couple very quick tests, here are the temps i'm getting. They are approximately 3 degrees warmer than the Cooler Master CM690 II I was using as a temporary case.

The system has yet to be overclocked. I will be doing that over the next couple of days and I will update the temps. It should only be a mild OC, in the low 4's.

Noise is slightly more than I'm used to, however my two case fans are running at full power until I get my fan controller (Bitfenix Recon).

temps.png

·
Registered
431 Posts
Any plans of maybe someday adding water cooling? So many other itx cases can be justified for air cooling. Regardless, dat white case is sexy.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VomariK View Post

I have a Hyper 212 plus, I was wondering if you had any clearance trouble with the cooler backplate.
I've just bought a 212 Evo and the backplate covers PCB components (same P8Z77-I board) and can't be tightened without crushing them, not sure how the OP mounted the plate but i'm not risking it.

212evo2.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N10248 View Post

I've just bought a 212 Evo and the backplate covers PCB components (same P8Z77-I board) and can't be tightened without crushing them, not sure how the OP mounted the plate but i'm not risking it.
212evo2.jpg
Shouldn't the backplate be flipped over? so it is resting on the back of the cpu socket with the tabs in the air?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also want to do a Prodigy gaming build and already own the 212 EVO. I need to find an ITX motherboard that fits the 212 EVO and works well in the Prodigy.

Can you please describe how you were able to overcome the backplate problem with the EVO? I've read another post about the same problem occurring with a 212 Plus on an Asrock ITX mobo. It'd be great if you could provide some sage advice on this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In response to the evo 212 cooler just do not tighten the backplate all the way on that one corner. The CPU cooler is flush with CPU and temps are steady at 30c so far. Haven't played any games but so far everything works as it should. This is my first build and could not have been easier with op listed components.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts