Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, Pretty new on here so i thought I'd post my current set up before i make the decision to replace.

Spec
Case - Cool Master HAF 912 "Up-rated fans"
PSU - Antec 650w
Mother Board - Asus ROG Crosshair Formula III
Ram - 16GB Corsair Vengance 1600mhz "4 X 4GB"
CPU - x6 1055T
GFX - MSI HD7970 Twin Frozr Boost edition
Cooler - Corsair A50
2 X SSD'S + 500GB 7200HDD

Will upload some pics at some point.

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
Unless you're planning to step up to an Intel, that's still a pretty good setup if you have a decent OC on the Thuban. The Phenom II X6 parts are aging well just like the FX chips are, thanks to software becoming more multithreaded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hay mate, At moment i have as follows

CPU SPEED - 3.570
VOLT - 1.35
FSB 255 X 14
N/B 2000
MEMORY - 1360
MAX TEMP ON STRESS - 52c

New step will be increasing N/B and Volts to CPU to see if i can get upto 4gh without getting past 60c.

I did have a OC profile set at just over 3.7gh from over clocker's when i bought the bundle but fails now so just learning and doing my own over clocking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticfox1986 View Post

Hay mate, At moment i have as follows

CPU SPEED - 3.570
VOLT - 1.35
FSB 255 X 14
N/B 2000
MEMORY - 1360
MAX TEMP ON STRESS - 52c

New step will be increasing N/B and Volts to CPU to see if i can get upto 4gh without getting past 60c.

I did have a OC profile set at just over 3.7gh from over clocker's when i bought the bundle but fails now so just learning and doing my own over clocking.
Just like what jsc1973 says, your processor ages really well like an FX.You should be able to get a pretty decent overclock for that processor with your Corsair A50 (Aim for 4.0 Ghz first then 4.2 Ghz..).

What heat paste are you using currently? Maybe you can change your heat paste to improve your temps.

What monitor are you using currently? If you are using a Full HD monitor, I think your GPU is fine since a 7970 performs nearly the same as an R9 280X and the both of them plays game really well at 1080p resolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts