Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I'm going to make another pc to sell locally and market as a low cost,but powerful pc($400 build). Is the microatx mini tower still in or do people want a midtower now? If a midtower would do my friend is willing to sell me this case for $10 bucks
It's a little blingy, but I'm thinking when the consumer sees the lower price it will be worth it right?

What do you think? Will someone only be interested if it's a smaller case?

·
Registered
401 Posts
that case might be able to help your sell, but micro's are still in. but not over a mid tower it all depends on people

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it figures, I just wonder if people will want a better price vs a smaller case. I mean I can pick up a Corsair 400 watt and that mid and only pay $50, while a micro atx case plus the corsair psu will be more $$.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Before you begin... have you compared your build against OEMs? There really isn't much profit in the low-end where economy of scales win.

OEMs can get parts cheaper, assemble them cheaper, get Windows discount, and can provide support cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Before you begin... have you compared your build against OEMs? There really isn't much profit in the low-end where economy of scales win.

OEMs can get parts cheaper, assemble them cheaper, get Windows discount, and can provide support cheaper.
this exactly

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

Right. This begs the question of who you are going to sell to. You can't beat Dell/HP in terms of bottom-of-the-barrel quality parts and cheap, cheap computers. So if you are selling to a family friend or someone you know, this is fine, but you're really not going to see much interest from the general public.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I have done my research and I really am only going to make a $50 profit in the end. I'm really just doing this because I have an itch to build a pc again.
Basically I'm finding the best sales on parts then going to put it together and the pieces I have looked at so far does beat the average dell/hp by about a $100. I already have Win 7 Pro, and I'm going to frys for my b-day to get one of their awesome cpu/mobo deals. The rest will probably come from newegg sales.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can vouch that the airflow on that case sucks - but people buying builds won't notice a difference anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts