Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every company has trolls, though one company stands out from the rest. It is EVGA, everyone talks about how good their support and warranties are. I easily hear/read horror stories from people who bought Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, and AS Rock products and had to go to hell to get something warrantied, only for it to be denied. I think these companies have been making great motherboards in general and they are much better than the boards that came out during the capacitor plague. In water cooling people talk about how they had a warranty denied for something unrelated to water cooling, just because they put on a Monoblock or a GPU water block on the board and removed a sticker. The "warranty void, if removed" sticker is actually illegal in the US to deny a warranty claim, if the person didn't cause the problem. See the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act for more details.

I tend to recommend the Z370 Gaming 7 to a lot of people and I have influenced many to buy one, due to its price point and great VRM. Though I am starting to get sick of seeing people treated with questionable business practices and false advertisements. I personally haven't had a problem and I love my Gaming 7, though I do feel for others.

·
Overclocker in training
13,987 Posts
Hi,
Haven't seen a lot of people recommending gigabyte stuff
AsRock and asus mostly board wise
evga gpu wise.
asus rma if one can get through their 200 questions to even contact them would be an accomplishment lol :)

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
Asus , Gigabyte , and MSI are hit or miss.

Asrock tends to be pretty consistent now after their complete overhaul. Something happened internally around Z87 time , they went all out NexFETs on everything from Extreme6 upwards. On X99 they launched the first Taichi board and ever since then they've been putting out a really decent lineup in terms of features and components.

Asrock was the first to put out ISL9927B powerstages from Intersil on a board and the only one to put R&D money into niche products such as X299 ITX and X399 mATX.

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,864 Posts
I stick with Asus and Asrock because none of their products have ever failed on me.

I've used a Gigabyte board in a previous build for myself and one for someone else, but unless they make drastic changes to the UEFI I'm never buying another one. It's so clunky it drives me crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts