Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant play BFBC2, mass effect or try the demo for the new rpg game from ea on steam. seems to only be ea games but i guess it could be on my end but other games are working fine.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok this is getting old. i am bumping this for help. i am on ATT DSL and its not just me. the kid cant get on EA servers either (but TF2 works) and my friend who lives 15 miles away an has ATT dsl is having the same issue. no clue whats going on but since its either dial up or ATT i am kinda in a bind. any ideas??

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have always had problems with EA games. Kind of sucks because I like ea games but EA's support in countries other than America sucks.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its something to do with my ISP. at work we have cable and it works perfectly fine there. any idea if maybe att blocked some ports over the weekend?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanmcleod View Post

its something to do with my ISP. at work we have cable and it works perfectly fine there. any idea if maybe att blocked some ports over the weekend?
Many isp's block EA because their games run on high ports.

high ports are usually torrents and movie download sites, so they block it.

The way I fixed it was told my isp that I wasn't torrenting and that it was games that were using high ports.

try asking them to not block certain ports.

• Rep+
Reactions: cyanmcleod

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any idea on what port numbers? i am finding alot of port numbers and i dont know what to tell they guy to check for.

EDIT: just started up a torrent to see what would happen and its coming in just fine so thats not the issue. me and my buddy really wanna play some BC2 but havent been able to login for 3 days now. this is just insane.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after talking to the 3rd ATT rep i have someone on the line who is helping. i cant get to bioware.com either so something is bad off. trace route shows some problems and they are running test. i feel much better about myself now knowing its not on my end.

·
Premium Member
10,076 Posts
Quote:

after talking to the 3rd ATT rep i have someone on the line who is helping. i cant get to bioware.com either so something is bad off. trace route shows some problems and they are running test. i feel much better about myself now knowing its not on my end.
I just had a friend who's been with ATT for some 20 years. When he moved he had ATT do a DSL line for him (more than five years ago but less than a decade). He's replaced his router three times in a effort to alleviate drop outs and bad intermittent connections he thought was caused by his home network/router.

Turns out the line finally kicked the bucket. Whoever installed the line did a horrible job, really bad attenuation among other things and left it as it was. He finally got fed up and called ATT to cancel service or to come out and fix it because he was down for the count, they came out and told him how bad it was and fixed everything for him (after a few hours working on it).

I despise ATT DSL unless of course it's the only thing you can get. Hell you're better off paying 19.99 or 29.99 for an internet-only subscription with your local cable company.

Anyways, I'd think you ought to give them a call and have them fix everything or you'll tell them your business is going elsewhere!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sadly its the only service i can get out here and its something to do with them. i can RDC to the pc at work and everything is fine there on cable but i cant even ping social.bioware.com from here but most other sites are working.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The entertainment industry pressed the gov't to shut down EA servers because they aren't getting a cut of the earnings.
laughingsmiley.gif

Seriously though with all the crap happening lately, it would not surprise me if something like that happened any time soon.

·
Premium Member
10,076 Posts
Quote:

sadly its the only service i can get out here and its something to do with them. i can RDC to the pc at work and everything is fine there on cable but i cant even ping social.bioware.com from here but most other sites are working.
Dude, get on the phone with a manager and get (not angry) but civilly disruptive about the service!

You're not paying to be blocked from sites you want to access, you're paying to get access man!

Give 'em civil hell! Get 'em to fix everything! They may or may not know who provides (oh they do know, let's not be naive
tongue.gif
) access otherwise in your area, but that doesn't matter! A lost customer is lost revenue, no company wants that!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just wanted to update and give out some reps. seems att had a router get messed up from some storms we had over the weekend in the southeast (so they said) but the issue is fixed now. 4 days without EA servers kinda sucks. at least steam worked. thanks all that gave advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts