Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm wondering if the drivers for the gigabyte 970a-ds3p and the gigabyte 970-gaming motherboards are the same.

I ask because I gotta install a new motherboard because the old one just doesnt work and I need to get the info off the HDD before I format the drive.

Thanks in advance!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Ok so I'm wondering if the drivers for the gigabyte 970a-ds3p and the gigabyte 970-gaming motherboards are the same.

I ask because I gotta install a new motherboard because the old one just doesnt work and I need to get the info off the HDD before I format the drive.

Thanks in advance!
It could be a long time before you get an answer because you'd need to hear from someone who's had both motherboards and who has compared the drivers. So I would just download the drivers that you need from Gigabyte's website for the 970A-DS3P.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

It could be a long time before you get an answer because you'd need to hear from someone who's had both motherboards and who has compared the drivers. So I would just download the drivers that you need from Gigabyte's website for the 970A-DS3P.
No the ds3p is on its way out, replacing it with the gaming g1. Can I temporarily simply run it with the new board to get stuff off the hdd before I wipe the drive?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

No the ds3p is on its way out, replacing it with the gaming g1.
Ok, well still; same message. However, maybe you don't have to worry so much:

Quote:

Can I temporarily simply run it with the new board to get stuff off the hdd before I wipe the drive?
Now that I've thought about it, it should be no problem at all because it's the same chipset. At the worst, Windows will ask you to reactivate which should be no big deal. You'll reactivate it and be done. I would still download the drivers though. Do it now. Be ready.

Why are you going to format the drive? I don't see a need for it.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Why are you going to format the drive? I don't see a need for it.
Too lazy to remove the old motherboard chipset drivers haha, plus its my grandmothers rig and she HATES windows 10, wants windows 7 back on it.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Too lazy to remove the old motherboard chipset drivers haha, plus its my grandmothers rig and she HATES windows 10, wants windows 7 back on it.
You don't have to remove them. How is a driver going to be a problem if there's no hardware around to use it? Its files will just sit there doing nothing.

Anyway, the only good reason here to format and start over is getting rid of Windows 10. Ugh. I'm very happy for her that she prefers Windows 7! She knows what's up. Not bad for a grandma!

So yeah, download the drivers and be prepared. Make it easy for yourself! Y'know?

• Rep+
Reactions: ADHDadditiv

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

You don't have to remove them. How is a driver going to be a problem if there's no hardware around to use it? Its files will just sit there doing nothing.

Anyway, the only good reason here to format and start over is getting rid of Windows 10. Ugh. I'm very happy for her that she prefers Windows 7! She knows what's up. Not bad for a grandma!

So yeah, download the drivers and be prepared. Make it easy for yourself! Y'know?
Yup thanks cables!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Yup thanks cables!
You're welcome! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts