Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have seen this seller on ebay..who has like more than a 1000+ positive reviews and sells all manufactured refurbished items at a cheap price than the new ones..reviews are positive with more than 30+ R9 280X and R9 270X sold..with positive feedback..so thinking about this..i thought yea it will be a good try tho im still kinda nervous...i bought the R9 280X manufacturer refurbished version..do u think its good??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikor View Post

So i have seen this seller on ebay..who has like more than a 1000+ positive reviews and sells all manufactured refurbished items at a cheap price than the new ones..reviews are positive with more than 30+ R9 280X and R9 270X sold..with positive feedback..so thinking about this..i thought yea it will be a good try tho im still kinda nervous...i bought the R9 280X manufacturer refurbished version..do u think its good??
How much did you get it for? Is it "vanilla" (don't think there is a reference 280x is there?) or a 3rd party manufacturer?

I would assume it will work fine, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of overclocking.
The question is, how good of a deal did you get....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith1984 View Post

How much did you get it for? Is it "vanilla" (don't think there is a reference 280x is there?) or a 3rd party manufacturer?

I would assume it will work fine, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of overclocking.
The question is, how good of a deal did you get....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-R9-280X-Gaming-3G-384-bit-3Gb-GDDR5-CrossFire-Ready-/301285172596?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Hi thts the one..with a shipping price of 60$..so its 259$..i bought it for 250$ tho as an offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,819 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith1984 View Post

Pretty steep price tag for a refurb in my opinion, but the card should do good for you.

I would of opted for a used 290..... but just an opinion.

Enjoy the card!
Oh thanks glad to hear that XD.yea it was because it was shipping from USA to Asia..i live in asia..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikor View Post

Oh thanks glad to hear that XD.yea it was because it was shipping from USA to Asia..i live in asia..
I would of thought that these would be readily available for much less in Asia since that's where they all come from?
redface.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith1984 View Post

I would of thought that these would be readily available for much less in Asia since that's where they all come from?
redface.gif
Lol actually its more expensive stuff from Asia in EBAY..lol check out frm south korea and Hong kong..a new R9 280X costs round 349-400$ dollars with free shipping..usually stuff from asia are for free shipping
 

·
Old / New to OC.net
Joined
·
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikor View Post

Lol actually its more expensive stuff from Asia in EBAY..lol check out frm south korea and Hong kong..a new R9 280X costs round 349-400$ dollars with free shipping..usually stuff from asia are for free shipping
where you from?

anyway like others said pretty steep for manufacturer's refurb and even it is manufacturer's refurb and lets say still manufacturer's warranty, they wont honor it locally. I have never encounter seen a company with worlwide warranty except for laptop of course. But with computer parts, not really.

Its better buy used R9 290.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox View Post

where you from?

anyway like others said pretty steep for manufacturer's refurb and even it is manufacturer's refurb and lets say still manufacturer's warranty, they wont honor it locally. I have never encounter seen a company with worlwide warranty except for laptop of course. But with computer parts, not really.

Its better buy used R9 290.
i couldnt find a R9 290 and if i did it wil be pretty expensive..dont u think the R9 280X is good..and i dont rly trust used ones..since they may have scratches and stuff and may get broken fast..refurbished ones are goood.

Im from Maldives
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top