Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to know if the mcp355 is louder or quieter or the same sound level as the mcp655.

thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's noticeably louder, but you won't hear it if you have fans above 30dB. There's also noticeably more vibration in the 355, so it needs some sort of rubber or foam to isolate the pump vibration from the computer's case.

Again, if you're not going for a silent build and you have any kind of fan noise, you won't hear the 355. It's really only relevant in silent builds, and the noise can be overcome with insulation (sound and vibration).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55
View Post

I have a 355 and at full speed it's too loud even when fully vibration isolated. Since I sleep with my computer in my room I value silence so I undervolt it to 7v when my computer is not in use.

Is this your first 355, or have you owned others in the past (wondering if your previous 355s were as loud)? It shouldn't be that loud. I had an extremely loud 355 which I ultimately took apart to trouble shoot. It turned out that there was a string of acetal from the mfg. process underneath the rubber seal. I removed that little bit of acetal, reseated the rubber, and it fixed the noise issue. You might want to check it out..

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhaneline
View Post

Is this your first 355, or have you owned others in the past (wondering if your previous 355s were as loud)? It shouldn't be that loud. I had an extremely loud 355 which I ultimately took apart to trouble shoot. It turned out that there was a string of acetal from the mfg. process underneath the rubber seal. I removed that little bit of acetal, reseated the rubber, and it fixed the noise issue. You might want to check it out..

It's not really loud, I'm just a silence freak. I have 1350 RPM yate loons and I undervolt them to 500 RPM. The pump at 12V is slightly louder, so I had to fix that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts