I have a XSPC RX360 Rad
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
EK Supreme LT
Antec 900
3 Late Yoons (Medium Speed) at pull and one aerocool at push
My Q6600 is oc'ed at 3.4ghz, and my room is about 65-70 degrees
my core temps at idle are like 32,27,26,28 both speed fan and core temp
at load all around 47.
noob question, how do I find ambient temp?
and are my q6600 temps are up to par with my w/c temps?
thanks

·
Overclocker
867 Posts
your temps are pretty good 47c under load is good you would have no problems going up to 3.6 or higher. Ambient temp just use a good thermomitor in the room out of direct sunlight

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Intels get pretty damn hot under load? What kind of TIM are you using? from 32-47 is just a large jump thats the only part that i dont like. 47 is good for a OC cpu and 32 is great idle im just surprised you jump 15 degrees on load i only jump like 5-6.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
My e8400 doesn't go above 51C on air cooling

·
Registered
618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by motoray View Post
Intels get pretty damn hot under load? What kind of TIM are you using? from 32-47 is just a large jump thats the only part that i dont like. 47 is good for a OC cpu and 32 is great idle im just surprised you jump 15 degrees on load i only jump like 5-6.
You also have a dual core and he has a quad : /

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Are quads a lot hotter than dual cores?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
More between amd and intel. amd x2 and x4 arnt that much heat difference (a lil but not much) also notice im running 1.55 volts. But intel is a lower volt CPU so when they are cranked up they create a lot of heat... kinda like ATI cards are hella hot.

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post
Are quads a lot hotter than dual cores?
Twice the amount of heat-producing cores under the same size heatspreader... yes, quads run hotter than dual-cores!!

47 degrees load is pretty damn good, push that baby harder...

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
What are normal temps for a 45nm quad?

·
Registered
933 Posts
TIM= Thermal Interface Material = Thermal Grease -- ex. such as AS5 or OCZ Freeze. It's what you put between the CPU and Heatsink for better contact\hermal transfer.

But yeah, seriously, those temps are great. You have a ways to go before you need to worry about your temps. Keep going!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts