Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello for the longest time i have always heard or followed what my friends in the hobby told me that pre-applied thermal paste/pads are some of the chespest things out there and is almost guaranteed recommended to be removed.

Fast forward to 2018 i mean some stuff like arctic silver 5 is dirt cheap for a company to use, have company started to use good stuff as of lately?

I just bought a corsair H115i pro AIO for my first water cool heatsink ( i know it aint custom but i got to start somewhere ) is the thermal paste/pad that comes in it worth using over something like good old arctic silver 5?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes! Very bad!!

Clean it off and use Grizzly

Grizzly is fantastic!

Just Bing it or Google it

Love it... Happy Overclocking

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello for the longest time i have always heard or followed what my friends in the hobby told me that pre-applied thermal paste/pads are some of the chespest things out there and is almost guaranteed recommended to be removed.

Fast forward to 2018 i mean some stuff like arctic silver 5 is dirt cheap for a company to use, have company started to use good stuff as of lately?

I just bought a corsair H115i pro AIO for my first water cool heatsink ( i know it aint custom but i got to start somewhere ) is the thermal paste/pad that comes in it worth using over something like good old arctic silver 5?
I've had three different AIOs including the H115i and although it's fine to use the preapplied thermal paste I general use what I have on hand be it MX-4 or Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. I will say the preapplied seems to dry out faster at least in my experience. The difference in temps is only a few degrees but it's still something. It normally isn't jaw dropping though.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had three different AIOs including the H115i and although it's fine to use the preapplied thermal paste I general use what I have on hand be it MX-4 or Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. I will say the preapplied seems to dry out faster at least in my experience. The difference in temps is only a few degrees but it's still something. It normally isn't jaw dropping though.

I have a EK custom cooling system.

Grizzly is behind my Supremacy EVO RGB water block.

Not being an ass but just good advice from experience.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a EK custom cooling system.

Grizzly is behind my Supremacy EVO RGB water block.

Not being an ass but just good advice from experience.

Yeah, I have a full custom water loop too and I use Thermal Grizzly on my CPU and GPU. However not everybody has a custom water loop. It seems the OP happens to have an H115i which I've had. I have only shared my experience with that AIO and the paste on that AIO.
Nice setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts