Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
What programs are you talking about?

Some games like BF2 & BF2142 do not like unstable overclocked sytems.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
BF2142 is a pig if you have any instability at all.

Are you getting a lot of CTD's whilst playing BF2142?

I know a few solutions....

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Crash To Desktops.....sorry I'm lazy

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Give me some info on what is overclocked on your system.....

In the BF2142 menu there is an option called Voice Over IP. Sometimes disabling this can stop CTD's all together.

If you have your RAM overclocked its a good idea to up the voltage on it as BF2142 uses a lot of memory.

If you have your graphics card overclocked try dropping the overclock a bit. Also check your graphics card temps whilst playing the game, a toasty card might be causing the CTD's

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cpu is oc'd to 2.8 @ 1.4v...memory is underclocked as it is ddr500, but on a divider with the 280 FSB. My vid card is oc'd as well, fairly close to it's limits on the memory and core, but i have no voltage control, so that may be the culprit. I use the ingame VOIP, so i'm gonna leave that on...

so, i'm guessing the cpu needs more volts or the vid card is tipping it off...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Maybe up the Vcore on the CPU and drop the overclock on the video card.

I think Voice Over IP is the likely culprit unless the latest patch has solved it.

I used to get 4-5 CTD's an hour when playing BF2142. After a week or so of troubleshooting I turned off Voice Over IP and it stopped completely

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow....i'll first try the vid card, than try voip if it's trully annoying. At this point, once a session, isn't too bad...but if dropping the card fixes it, that'll be the one...thanks a bunch...

ps--how does 2142 look with your vid card....everything on high? wat rez? my x800xt with a 6645 3dmark05....i think things could look better..

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
It looks amazing. 1280 x1024 everything High, 8 x AA, 16 x AF and all the other good stuff.

I get about 150 FPS max and lowest about 50 FPS, mostly about the 80-100 marks though.

3Dmark05 I get 16000ish and 06 I get about 8-9000 (still have tweaking to do on 06)

• Rep+
Reactions: Treble

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Glad to be of service.........that'll be $500 please

1 - 17 of 17 Posts