Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Not if they think the consoles are going to last another 5 years lol. Even non enthusiast people in the console world are getting sick of how bad the graphics are.

The PC will out last the consoles and anything else that comes out. Nothing is faster better looking or more of an enthusiast platform than the PC the devs may love to make money of the console but the PC will never die.

·
Registered
760 Posts
No. Like hawk said even ordinary consumers are getting tired of the bad graphics. take Halo: Reach... You have how many people saying how jagged the edges are on their HDTV's if it was on PC you could have AA to the max.

Nope PC is here to stay

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Nope, PC gaming will still be kicking it, console gaming is more for the casuals and the only reason I still play is due to Reach.

Once that game starts pissing me off I'm back to SC2 and TF2.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SecrtAgentMan
View Post

Nope, PC gaming will still be kicking it, console gaming is more for the casuals and the only reason I still play is due to Reach.

Once that game starts pissing me off I'm back to SC2 and TF2.

LOL what? Most of the awesome, deep titles don't even come to PC. I hate FPSes with a passion. Consoles offer platformers, hack n' slash games, JRPGs (birth by sleep is awesome), and fighters.

Hell the only reason I have a gaming PC is because I'm an RTS enthusiast.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueOptic
View Post

LOL what? Most of the awesome, deep titles don't even come to PC. I hate FPSes with a passion. Consoles offer platformers, hack n' slash games, JRPGs (birth by sleep is awesome), and fighters.

Hell the only reason I have a gaming PC is because I'm an RTS enthusiast.

Diablo.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiru
View Post

Diablo.

Torchlight is another hack n slash. You can make it through pretty much every level with ease.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueOptic
View Post

You're using a decade-old game as an argument?

Diablo 3.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest001 View Post
Torchlight is another hack n slash. You can make it through pretty much every level with ease.
Agreed, I enjoyed Torchlight. I'm just saying, the PC offers less of the genre than the consoles.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm wish the days of this thread topic were numbered.

·
Banned
994 Posts
This is bullcrap, it complete crap to play a fps game on a console. It's easier to play fps games with a mouse and keyboard.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
I hope so. If FPSs start migrating away from the same boring generic marine-themed deathmatch/CTF/whatever online aspect they're mired in we might see more games like Fallout 3/NV, HL2+ episodes, Portal and Bioshock/BS: Infinite. We might finally get out of this 'realistic' cover-based war shooter rut PC gaming is stuck in. As it sits now FPSs are built mostly for the same exact reason, they all end up looking the same, they all end up playing the same, and they all skimp on the story.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First of all I would like to say im a huge PC gamer, also I asked about new FPS games coming out on the PC that were exclusive and nobody managed to think of one. Some how people got into diablo and torchlight and didnt read the title. I just would like to play a good PC fps that is not watered down from consoles.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts