Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing L4D earlier and then got off as a severe thunderstorm warning was issued and shut down my PC, including cutting power to the PSU. I just tried to start Steam and it would just sit on Connection to "username here"... I then saw to delete 3 files, Steam.dll, SteamUI.dll, and also ClientRegistry.blob. I didn't completely delete them I just took them out and put them on my desktop. I then started Steam and it booted up just fine. I went to play L4D and it said something like Connection to Steam Cloud could not be made...and so on. So then I went back in the Steam folder and took those 3 files and put them back in. Steam started up just fine this time with those files. Still the same Steam Cloud problem. I can't even join a game and my settings or achievements are not even showing up. Any ideas of what I need to do, or are the Steam Cloud servers down ATM? FYI, I was just playing CS:S, so my internet is fine...and I'm posting on here, so there's obviously nothing wrong with the internet.

EDIT: Steam friends is also currently down for me.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah 5 minutes after I posted this, it came back up. How do you check to see if they are down?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You go here.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=784745

They always announce when Steam is going to be down, and for approximately how long. Sometimes they even tell you why

Unfortunately, today's steam cloud being down wasn't do to scheduled maintenance like someone else said. It was some kind of problem, which I guess they fixed because I was playing L4D for about that last 3 hours.

• Rep+
Reactions: pez

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilltopper
View Post

You go here.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=784745

They always announce when Steam is going to be down, and for approximately how long. Sometimes they even tell you why

Unfortunately, today's steam cloud being down wasn't do to scheduled maintenance like someone else said. It was some kind of problem, which I guess they fixed because I was playing L4D for about that last 3 hours.

Yeah, and thanks for that link...+rep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts