Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like most FPS pros use mouse DPIs of around 400 to 800, yet most mice on the market have a native DPI much higher than that.

Is there a reason for this? Or are mouse companies just scared that the average casual gamer will assume lower DPI = inferior?

Also, do any low DPI native mice exist? What are the benefits?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just as cameras entered a megapixel war that gives no benefit without the sensor being able to take in enough light. Mouse makers have entered a dpi war which in practice means nothing.

400 dpi

800 dpi

1600 dpi

3200 dpi

mean nothing on its own unless we only talk about the regular gui in windows.

If i want to use my prefered cm/360 in for example CS GO at 30cm/360

i could go with the following:

400 dpi sensitivity "3.4636"

800 dpi sensitivity "1.7318"

1600 dpi sensitivity "0.8659"

3200 dpi sensitivity "0.433"

and the total difference between 400 dpi and 3200 dpi would be -0.0034 cm.

Why does so many use 400 dpi and 800 dpi?

Well i cant speak for everyone but when many of us started playing FPS games the best mice had 400 dpi and because of this many people stuck with that dpi ever since.

I switched to 800 dpi years ago when i played quake 2 and have always come back to it since then.

800 dpi with a sensitivity of 30 cm 360 works best for me since that is where my muscle memory is.

One of the many reasons why my accuracy with SAR 21 in battlefield 4 is 9% since i played with it using crap settings and my accuracy with AEK 971 is 19% now when i play with my preferred settings.

So basically ignore the market hype and use the dpi and ingame sensitivity that works for you

·
Banned
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlacuna View Post

Just as cameras entered a megapixel war that gives no benefit without the sensor being able to take in enough light. Mouse makers have entered a dpi war which in practice means nothing.
So basically ignore the market hype and use the dpi and ingame sensitivity that works for you
not really.
native and low dpi is jitterless and better performance tough.

using 1600 dpi 0.86 and 400dpi 3.46 are different..
its more fluid and less snapier 2 me too.
anyway,..
lowest native dpi usually is the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts