Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CPU - AMD FX 4100
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2

Hello fellow overclockers! I played around with the multiplier a bit and realized that I had to have my CPU voltage unreasonably high to run just about 4.2 GHZ. So, I began editing the FSB and the main thing that worries me is the HTLINK it's running at 2600 when it was running at about 2200 before, I have provided screenshots of my CPU-Z settings, please let me know if this is safe for 24/7
smile.gif





TEMPS


NOTE: I'd like to run these settings 24/7 if their safe.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
Your mobo has a 3+1 phase design with no vrm heatsinks. That would be your only concern. Apart from that the cpu voltage is more than fine. Keep temps low. The two things which cause degradation are high temps and high voltages. The higher you raise your voltage, the lower your temps need to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
24/7 ? ... Sorry but I think your CPU is way to over volted , your NB and your HT is way to high for your setup. I have a hard time understanding how your system is stable with that mother board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By saying 24/7 I mean actually using these settings for normal use instead of just benchmarking, I've watched numerous youtube videos and all the ones I've seen are around my voltage. I didn't see the voltage marked as red in the BIOS like some of the higher ones but I did however turn my NB down to 2200 any lower would be an underclock since I changed the FSB and not the ratio in itself.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hits9Nine View Post

24/7 ? ... Sorry but I think your CPU is way to over volted , your NB and your HT is way to high for your setup. I have a hard time understanding how your system is stable with that mother board.
Dont use blanket statements about voltage and speed when referring to overclocking, especially these processors. His CPU-Z says he has 1.45v for 4.5GHz speed, that is plenty fine and around average. there is also nothing wrong at all with his NB or HTT speeds. I have an FX-6300 that requires 1.575v just to run 4.5GHz like this guy has, but I have also used another FX-8320 that requires 1.5v to run at 4.8GHz. There is just a lot of variation in these current processors and no one can say that something something is normal or not for voltage and speed.
 

·
 
Joined
·
13,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Dont use blanket statements about voltage and speed when referring to overclocking, especially these processors. His CPU-Z says he has 1.45v for 4.5GHz speed, that is plenty fine and around average. there is also nothing wrong at all with his NB or HTT speeds.
I agree, looks ok to me too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Dont use blanket statements about voltage and speed when referring to overclocking, especially these processors. His CPU-Z says he has 1.45v for 4.5GHz speed, that is plenty fine and around average. there is also nothing wrong at all with his NB or HTT speeds. I have an FX-6300 that requires 1.575v just to run 4.5GHz like this guy has, but I have also used another FX-8320 that requires 1.5v to run at 4.8GHz. There is just a lot of variation in these current processors and no one can say that something something is normal or not for voltage and speed.
Did you even see what kind of mobo he is using? GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2
I owned one in an HT build with an FX6100, I also put coolers on the VRM and had an Antec 960 on the CPU. Want to know what happened when I overclocked and ran the system for a long period (not benching) Well you don't see it in by build list do you!
Warning someone when they are overclocking with a very low end mother board is the responsible thing to do, telling someone they are okay when they are not really is irresponsible.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hits9Nine View Post

Did you even see what kind of mobo he is using? GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2
I owned one in an HT build with an FX6100, I also put coolers on the VRM and had an Antec 960 on the CPU. Want to know what happened when I overclocked and ran the system for a long period (not benching) Well you don't see it in by build list do you!
Warning someone when they are overclocking with a very low end mother board is the responsible thing to do, telling someone they are okay when they are not really is irresponsible.
Remember you had a 6100 he has a 4100. 6cores up against 4cores. There's a difference. Besides I already told the OP to be careful as his mobo has no vrm heatsinks and aren't of a very good quality. A very reasonable mobo for overclocking would be the GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0. Even overclocking a FX6300 would be safe on that mobo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason387 View Post

Remember you had a 6100 he has a 4100. 6cores up against 4cores. There's a difference. Besides I already told the OP to be careful as his mobo has no vrm heatsinks and aren't of a very good quality. A very reasonable mobo for overclocking would be the GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0. Even overclocking a FX6300 would be safe on that mobo.
78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0, the fx6100 is back...in black
thumb.gif
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top