Overclock.net banner

Are these temps high for a 9850BE?

419 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  d3ath_w1sh
Just completed the build of my sig rig. Runs nice and fast, but CPU temps through several monitoring utils and the BIOS show that my idle temps are 40-42 C. After only a few minutes or Prime95 the temps shot up to 57 and still rising. Are these considered "safe" temps? My cooler is a Freezer 64 Pro with Arctic Silver 5.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
834 Posts
My Phenom gets up to 62 C and I don't think that is too high. 70 c would really be pushing it, but I don't see any problems with this temp. I looked around the net for some safe temps and they go as far as 55 to like upper 70s. I don't trust the upper 70 ones, but I still think that in the 60s isn't too bad.

EDIT: I found some documentation from AMD stating that 61 degrees is max safe temp. Now I assume that AMD has some pretty good engineering so some safety factor must be involved. I assume that anything in the high 70s to 80s is really bad and will shorten the processors life significantly. Anything below that should be fine I would say, but still degrade the life of the chip from say 10 years to 7 or 8 years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.