Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the First summer With this PC and I felt my case window and it was Abnormally hot so I checked my temps and wanted to make sure it is ok, Are these too high temps?

·
Senior OCN Member
39,815 Posts
What cooler is on that 4790K?
And the temps are good but not fantastic.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

What cooler is on that 4790K?
And the temps are good but not fantastic.
Not so fast. The ambient isn't stated, nor the internal case temp. But, if it's summer and room temp is 30-32c and case internal temp is another 5-8c hotter, then those peak temps qualify for fantastic. Whether the Global Warming air cooling judges grant that designation, we can only speculate.
tongue.gif

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
What is the ambient temps? Are those results from idle or load?
Which case do you have?

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
If you're in the upper floor of your house, then those are fine temps. In MN, summer can easily bring a room to 80-85F without anything else giving off heat.

Worst case scenario, you need to reseat your CPU cooler and do another paste job.

·
Premium Member
27,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvY Help me View Post

This is the First summer With this PC and I felt my case window and it was Abnormally hot so I checked my temps and wanted to make sure it is ok, Are these too high temps?
At 21% load they look to be rather high.
But without knowing room ambient, cooler inntake temp, what your system is, etc. it is hard to even guess.

Edit:
Wow! Some of these replies posts are so far out I have to wonder what galaxy they came from.
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Quote:

At 21% load they look to be rather high.
But without knowing room ambient, cooler inntake temp, what your system is, etc. it is hard to even guess.

Edit:
Wow! Some of these replies posts are so far out I have to wonder what galaxy they came from.
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Only so much can be said with limited information. For all we know, OP lives in the Sahara Desert with a personal space heater on. Hell, like I said in my previous post, it could all be down to a reseat to fix temps.

·
Premium Member
27,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

Only so much can be said with limited information. For all we know, OP lives in the Sahara Desert with a personal space heater on. Hell, like I said in my previous post, it could all be down to a reseat to fix temps.
Or in Antarctica.
The only thing that should be said if there is limited information is to ask for information needed.
tongue.gif

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Quote:

Or in Antarctica.
The only thing that should be said if there is limited information is to ask for information needed.
tongue.gif
Just waiting on the OP. Soon we'll figure out whats normal and what isn't!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

thumb.gif
This is a Super super super late reply im so sorry. But I live in California. Its been Very hot here latley such as 110 Degrees with 3 other PC's in this room, along with 2 Xboxes but they barley are played.. I've had the PC like this for almost a year now. and It does get abnormally hot at times.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

thumb.gif
This is a Super super super late reply im so sorry. But I live in California. Its been Very hot here latley such as 110 Degrees with 3 other PC's in this room, along with 2 Xboxes but they barley are played.. I've had the PC like this for almost a year now. and It does get abnormally hot at times.
If the room is constantly 85°+ then it doesn't seem too far off from normal. I still recommend a repast to be sure as the D14 is an amazing cooler. I had lower temps on my i7 960 back in the day.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm gonna say that these temps are a bit high all things considered. Even in ~90f room temps, I still have an upper 30's idle or lower 40's low load temp with a similar cooler. My max load temps at stock are in the 50-55c territory, and overclocked to 4.4ghz, about the 60-65c territory. Your voltages are a bit high for 4.3ghz, you can put them down to a flat 1.2v @ 4.4ghz.

If your complete idle temps aren't going below 40c, then there's definitely something wrong. I'd reapply the heatsink and paste just to be sure. But that's all without knowing your case setup or fan setup.

I die for air conditioning at 95f, I wouldn't even want to be in a room at 110f.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

I'm gonna say that these temps are a bit high all things considered. Even in ~90f room temps, I still have an upper 30's idle or lower 40's low load temp with a similar cooler. My max load temps at stock are in the 50-55c territory, and overclocked to 4.4ghz, about the 60-65c territory. Your voltages are a bit high for 4.3ghz, you can put them down to a flat 1.2v @ 4.4ghz.

If your complete idle temps aren't going below 40c, then there's definitely something wrong. I'd reapply the heatsink and paste just to be sure. But that's all without knowing your case setup or fan setup.

I die for air conditioning at 95f, I wouldn't even want to be in a room at 110f.
Its not my room at 110 is outside, but I live in the valley and we havent gotten raid in over 7 months so. Its very hot here. Could the Temps Be Vital?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

If the room is constantly 85°+ then it doesn't seem too far off from normal. I still recommend a repast to be sure as the D14 is an amazing cooler. I had lower temps on my i7 960 back in the day.

These are my Temps as of now at 4 AM

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well the temps that matter are the room temps, not the outside temps. But as I said, I do sometimes run my system in 90f when the air conditioner is off, and even the temps aren't as bad as yours.....but there are plenty of factors, such as the CPU voltage I mentioned, along with case fan airflow, bad heatsink mount, etc. I'm not too sure about your temp reading though, since it's not clear if they're idle, light load, or full load.

Here's an easy measure to go by, at idle or light load, your CPU should be about 10c higher than room temps. At full sustained load, they should be 20-30c higher than room temp.

·
Premium Member
27,113 Posts
Quote:

We have asked over and over and over, what is your room temp? We can't evaluate cooling without knowing the temperature of room.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Going by your daytime temps that you posted and your late night temps now, I'd say you just need more airflow in the room itself. If those temps are in a room that's most likely around 70°F with only your computer on at 4am, then I can imagine how much the other computers (and devices, I haven't touched our xbone in months so I don't know if it gets hot like the 360 did) heat the room further during the day when it's 85°F.

What's the arrangement like for computers in the room? Pictures help out greatly.

EDIT: I guess I should say now that we see he has a normal idle temp at night, that we can eliminate a mount or he wouldn't have decent idles like this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts