Overclock.net banner

Are these temps too high for 2080 ti vram?

851 6
So I have a PNY 2080 ti blower, and as the title suggests, I have concerns about the vram temperatures hitting 103 at maximum. It uses samsung GDDR6, and GPUz says it is the hotspot temp.
(note, the Vram junction always says its roughly 20 degrees above the rest of the card, meaning its at about 50 degrees c at idle)
Font Screenshot Operating system Software Display device
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't be comfortable with that, though it might technically be in spec. Also not worth burning your card up for $.40/day.
Yeah, I know, but im just running this to test the max temps. Not really taking mining as a hobby lol. This is the worst case scenario for this card.
Also do you have any tips for how to cool it? as the vram temps seem dependant on the gpu core.

·
Overclocker
2,758 Posts
How old are the thermal pads, you might just need to replace them with new ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How old are the thermal pads, you might just need to replace them with new ones.
I just replaced them, although the replacement pads were pretty cheap(Outus pack of 30 pads) I used Thermalright TFX paste.
These temps are similar to the old pads, which leads me to believe the gpu cooler heating up the memory is the reason. Also the temp measurement is Tjunction, which leads me to believe the Tcase is around 80c, which seems to be about right given the main gpu heatsink temp.
This gpu's midplate(which connects to the vram) also remains in contact with the main gpu cooler.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just replaced them, although the replacement pads were pretty cheap(Outus pack of 30 pads) I used Thermalright TFX paste.
These temps are similar to the old pads, which leads me to believe the gpu cooler heating up the memory is the reason. Also the temp measurement is Tjunction, which leads me to believe the Tcase is around 80c, which seems to be about right given the main gpu heatsink temp.
This gpu's midplate(which connects to the vram) also remains in contact with the main gpu cooler.
Considered getting an aftermarket cooler? Would drop those temps by a huge amount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts