Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to solve my MCP655 and tube reservoir mounting problems without having to spend a fortune on a pump top and 90 degree fittings. The vertical accessory mount and large attachment plate look very interesting. My only concern is that the attachment plate is only mounted to one edge. Would this setup be solid enough to mount a pump on, or would it vibrate and make noise?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mounted the pump and reservoir on a large attachment plate. I still need to find a piece of dampening material of the proper thickness to go behind the pump, but I'm content with the way it fits for now using the included rubber washers. Here's a couple pictures I thought were relevant to this topic; I'll post my build pics elsewhere when I get that far. It will be a while yet, still need to build all of my fan extensions and buy mounting hardware for all the fans and radiator before I can install the system.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mandroid, you can consider some of these Decoupling sets for your Reservoir and Pump which will help in reducing the vibrations from the pump. See http://www.aquatuning.us/index.php/cPath/27_88. There are plenty of options that you can choose from.

I have a similar setup as yours. I use the Koolance's Pump Nozzle & Reservoir Base for PMP-450/S (60mm OD), Pump, PMP-450S, Reservoir Body, 60x240mm (WxL) 471ml and CTR-SPD12X2 Dual 12V Pump Controller.

This is how it looks like for the new version (I have the older version though):

Hope this help!
wink.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.