Overclock.net banner

Are you happy with spending all that money on a mac?

514 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  KyleMart06
My laptop charger/psu died a few weeks ago and I've been thinking about getting a new laptop for a while as my current seems slow and thought about getting rid of it instead of getting a new charger.

I'm thinking about a new macbook air with 8gb ram. I'm looking on newegg (my usual computer related place) and found the same macbook air, for $120 less then bestbuy or many other places. I've also noticed that there are plenty of windows computers that would smoke this mac, for only $600~ (amazon is only 20-60 off, not sure why newegg is so much lower)

I was having some intentions of using it to learn to program on (Web Dev, php for now, hobby level) Then maybe college and well some other schooling stuff. It was light and small/thin to lug around, which I really liked. I am also really curious about mac osx. Can also get a case for it pretty easy off ebay. But recently I've become a full, full time employee (was a temp full time) and my job has just about nothing to do with computers. In fact, I could use the money to buy the tools and toolboxes I will need... Also been thinking about my first car. (Depending what I can do with the tools and car, I may not get a mac... gotta talk with my dad...)

But anyways, how do you feel after spending $1000+ on a mac? Would you ever do it again? Are you going back to windows based? Do you feel like it was as good value? etc?

Thanks,
Higgins909
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,234 Posts
If you are unsure, of laying out all the cache, look for used or refurb. My only thing with Mac is I like the physical interface with the computer. Keyboard being in the center and all that good stuff. Otherwise I would have a Windows laptop. I just feel like the price premium is just not quite worth it anymore for new. There are my
2cents.gif

· Registered
2,234 Posts
sorry, double post

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.