Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be a very unique build themed on the US Army's "ARMY STRONG" Campaign! Gonna be sweet!
biggrin.gif
This build will have alot of custom paint and will have some serious components!
devilsmiley.gif




Parts:

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T CC-9011038-WW Orange on Black with ORANGE LED fans
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
RAM: 4x2gb Crucial Ballistic Orange Tactical with 1866mhz DDR3 7CAS
CPU: i7 4790k
SSD: Patriot PYRO SE 120gb, Patriot
Storage: 1 TB WD SATA HDD
Keyboard: Razer Battlefield 4 Edition
Mouse: Razer Battlefield 4 Edition
Headset: Razer Blackshark Battlefield 4 Edition
Radiators: AlphaCool ST30 120mm and AlphaCool UT30 240mm
Pump: D5 Pump MCP655 Variable Speed Pump + Gold Bitspower Mod Cover
Reservoir: AlphaCool Repack Dual Bayres 5,25" Clear Rev.2
Tubing: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 1/2"ID x 3/4" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Pearl UV Orange
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Windforce R9 290x 4GB DDR5
Fans: 4x Xigmatek XLF-F1253 120mm LED Fans, 1x Xigmatek XLF-F1453 140mm LED Fan, 2x Corsair Stock CF LED Case Fans
PSU: Corsair RM750
Fittings: 7x Bitspower G1/4 Thread 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Compression Fitting - True Brass, 7x Enzotech G1/4 Thread 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Compression Fitting - Gold (CFS-1D1/2-OD3/4-G)
Coolant: 2x Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid - 1000 ml - UV Orange
Fan Controller: AquaComputer Aquero 4 USB
Water Blocks:
2x EK RAM Monarch DIMM Module - 2 Pack
EK Monarch Series X4 Ram Liquid Cooling Block - Acrylic Clean CSQ
EK Supreme Clear Top
EK Gigabyte Radeon R9-290X VGA Liquid Cooling Block Rev 2.0 - Acrylic
Backplate: EK R9-290X VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate - Gold (EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Gold)
Pump Top: Alphacool HF D5 Top - Laing D5 / MCP655 - Black Acetal V.2
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 (High-Density Silver Thermal Compound) - 12 Grams (AS5-12G)

Current Progress shot:







8285_big.jpg

8030_big.jpg






 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

the second one, as you can make it look like a piece of govmt hardware
Thats the one I picked! lol but trying to keep open mind!
rolleyes.gif
Be sure to vote! the poll is up now!
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
i vote going to DRMO sales, and buying old government surplus stuff, and doing an epic case mod.

maybe welding a couple .50 cal ammo cans together? hmmmmm ahaha idk
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

i vote going to DRMO sales, and buying old government surplus stuff, and doing an epic case mod.

maybe welding a couple .50 cal ammo cans together? hmmmmm ahaha idk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

http://www.imsplus.com/fuse-can.html

BAM!

then i say put a velcro panel on the outside to put patches on it
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

http://go-armynavy.com/military-surplus/field-gear/ammo-cans

here you go another search for old surplus crates.

this would be super unique as well than some tower that was modded:thumb:
Well actually I have don't that a few times already. As a matter of fact I just put a huge build on hold a while back that is made out of a military J box. This one I'm going with a regular case for simplicity and because I will sell it after!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

Well actually I have don't that a few times already. As a matter of fact I just put a huge build on hold a while back that is made out of a military J box. This one I'm going with a regular case for simplicity and because I will sell it after!
sad face
sadsmiley.gif


haha i love surplus crap.... well maybe because it makes me feel at home ahha

dude that would be so awesome, please do it soon haha
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm4goth View Post

I like the corsair cause it goes with the color scheme
Thanks! And dont forget I will be dipping and baking parts as well, plus graphics and vynal so the colors are endless! Im concerned mainly with the design going with the overall theme......
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

sad face
sadsmiley.gif


haha i love surplus crap.... well maybe because it makes me feel at home ahha

dude that would be so awesome, please do it soon haha
will do! The original plan was a Gigabyte and 2600k but since im delaying it, it will be more EPIC! By the time I get around to it Im thinking DUAL Engineering sample XEONs and Quad SLI/ATI with RAID PCI SSD! MAX Stuff for 2015 Flagship build!
biggrin.gif
 

·
Amiga 500
Joined
·
3,680 Posts
I think the Lian-Li's clean and serious lines are more close to anything army-like in my opinion..Not flamboyant,but deadly enough
thumb.gif
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: MCCSolutions

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

Thanks! And dont forget I will be dipping and baking parts as well, plus graphics and vynal so the colors are endless! Im concerned mainly with the design going with the overall theme......
I think the whole theme goes with the corsair better. The side window popping out reminds me of up armored windows. The front grill reminds me of the hood of a hmmwv. Thw front rivets look like how everything is riveted together
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAs81 View Post

I think the Lian-Li's clean and serious lines are more close to anything army-like in my opinion..Not flamboyant,but deadly enough
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm4goth View Post

I think the whole theme goes with the corsair better. The side window popping out reminds me of up armored windows. The front grill reminds me of the hood of a hmmwv. Thw front rivets look like how everything is riveted together
Both Great points! This is why I love the Poll! This helps more on making a decision than you could imagine!
smile.gif


Thanks! REP +
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm4goth View Post

I think the whole theme goes with the corsair better. The side window popping out reminds me of up armored windows. The front grill reminds me of the hood of a hmmwv. Thw front rivets look like how everything is riveted together
BTW you def sound like a 88M lol
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAs81 View Post

I think the Lian-Li's clean and serious lines are more close to anything army-like in my opinion..Not flamboyant,but deadly enough
thumb.gif
I'm with this, but since you're doing a mod, I tend to lean with what jthm4goth posted.

I was thinking, maybe make external rad boxes and make them look like caterpillar track if you're into tanks. But that's just me.
wink.gif


P.S.
I voted for the Corsair case.
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rRansom View Post

I'm with this, but since you're doing a mod, I tend to lean with what jthm4goth posted.

I was thinking, maybe make external rad boxes and make them look like caterpillar track if you're into tanks. But that's just me.
wink.gif


P.S.
I voted for the Corsair case.
biggrin.gif
Put a Gunners hatch on top
 
1 - 20 of 162 Posts
Top