Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/review...bly-should.ars

Quote:

There is no way Wheelman will be good. It's impossible.

The game is being developed by the bankrupt Midway, which hasn't released an exciting game since Mortal Kombat II in 1993. It's a Grand Theft Auto knock-off, which usually means you can't expect much. To make matters worse, it's based on a delayed movie by the same name staring Vin Diesel, and games based on movies are hardly a good thing.

The negative associations are all here, and from the sound of it, you'd be wise to keep this one well off your gaming radar.

And yet here I am. Playing the latest preview build of Wheelman to the very end-at will, even. It's hard to put the controller down. "Is this possible? Could it be? Are you sure this game isn't made by someone other than Midway?" I ask myself.

Yes and no.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Given the Vauxhall Astra in the SS, i guess that's meant to be the UK or Europe.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

Given the Vauxhall Astra in the SS, i guess that's meant to be the UK or Europe.

Barcelona, according to the (p)review.

I'm gonna have to check out the demo on my 360 this weekend... looks like it might be good.

·
15,778 Posts
At least it looks good and we don't know if it's good until we actually play the game.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre
View Post

Barcelona, according to the (p)review.

I'm gonna have to check out the demo on my 360 this weekend... looks like it might be good.

Must be an Opel Astra then

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz
View Post

Sorry, the game I was thinking of was Driver 1 & 2. Now that was a fun game.

LOL I remember playing Driver 3 on my Xbox...glitchiest game ever, but still so much fun to mess around on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.