Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Whats interesting is they use number of devices vs total percent of the current market.

·
Banned
850 Posts
Such a crowning achievement. It's not hard when consumers/enterprise customers have no choice in pre-insalled OS on new hardware.

M$ you are a laughing stock.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
M$ is turning into quite a joke for me as well. Including their handling of Skype and multi-year issues they just shrug at. The 'untitled conversation' bug that has a dozen possible fixes that don't do jack... yeah, had that for a few months and can do NO group calls. Not counting their phone support for Windows itself has basically always been a joke.

IF I could get everything I want for my PC experience without Windows, I would strongly consider it... but I can't, so i'm stuck. At least I'm holding off W10 for as long as possible
frown.gif

·
You broke it!
14,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0llinlacs View Post

Such a crowning achievement. It's not hard when consumers/enterprise customers have no choice in pre-insalled OS on new hardware.

M$ you are a laughing stock.
What are you talking about? Just stop.

Enterprise very much can still choose their OS (most going with no OS pre-installed), and consumer pre-built has pretty much never had a choice.

Call an OEM as a consumer and buy a pre-built? You get the OS they are selling.

W10 did not change that business model.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Enterprise very much can still choose their OS (most going with no OS pre-installed), and consumer pre-built has pretty much never had a choice.

Not in South Korea. You get FreeBSD and have the choice of getting any OS you want.

Really should be how its done. Compared to the Global scale its minuscule, I know.

·
Banned
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

I didn't say Windows 10 changed the business model, but it is now being used to their advantage at the most detrimental of times.

And what choice does enterprise have? Windows 10 or no OS at all? Yeah, that's some "choice" alright....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Some very large enterprises have tested Linux, some started this 4 or 5 years ago. Nothing important runs on Windows. Our M$ rep went from having a desk and buying lunch every so often, to having a desk, to........... gone. Ironically, M$ has partnered with Red Hat recently on some techs.

The days of M$ dog and pony shows (with free munchies, key rings, cups, etc...) are a thing of the distant past.

·
PC Evangelist
47,382 Posts
Even after 5 months I have not seen any improvements done to the Store. There is nothing in there.

·
You broke it!
14,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0llinlacs View Post

I didn't say Windows 10 changed the business model, but it is now being used to their advantage at the most detrimental of times.

And what choice does enterprise have? Windows 10 or no OS at all?
Yeah, that's some "choice" alright....
Not an attack, just putting it into perspective.

The fact you think this, or otherwise don't know what options Enterprise have, shows you really aren't a person who should be commenting on the subject.

Enterprise has all the options in the World, it just depends on the business and needs of that business. Ranging from straight out Windows Pro+ offerings, to full blown custom Linux based OS.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Not in South Korea. You get FreeBSD and have the choice of getting any OS you want.

Really should be how its done. Compared to the Global scale its minuscule, I know.
oh that is cool. Everytime I learn something new and cool about korea. Is this by law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Even after 5 months I have not seen any improvements done to the Store. There is nothing in there.
Windows 10 has a store?
rolleyes.gif

Never touched the store. For what? Completly unecessary (for me) but I guess it sucks they did not improve anything from the beginning..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts