Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my cpu cooler died I had this laying around and with it i get

Idle @ 31
Prime95 Max load @ 50
Vcore 1.45
3.8ghz

Sounds good? or should i look for another cooler?

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
It's not really a very good cooler.

If you're looking into budget coolers, try the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or the Scythe Mugen 2. Both great bang for buck coolers.

If you have a bit of extra cash, maybe try the Noctua NH-D14. Probably the best air cooler out in the market now.

Water cooling is also always an option. >.>

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
That is pretty good to be honest!
I didn't expect it to work that well. My old Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2 CPU cooler didn't manage any less than 54°C on full load. Granted this was with a much smaller case with less case fans. Who knows now!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really hate to install back plates.... IS there an option where i dont have to?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2142 View Post
I really hate to install back plates.... IS there an option where i dont have to?
Hahaha, I don't know of any. I know the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2 is supposed to outperform your current one and doesn't require a back plate. Does the Prolimatech Megahalems require a back plate?
That I would say is the top end air cooler. I know the Corsair H50-1 requires a back plate.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2142
View Post

Well since my cpu cooler died I had this laying around and with it i get

Idle @ 31
Prime95 Max load @ 50
Vcore 1.45
3.8ghz

Sounds good? or should i look for another cooler?

If those temps are with the processor in your sign, then really are very, very good with that cooler, that is mine too, but with only an Athlon II x2 250, and my temps are higher than yours, but ambient temps in my city are really hot all the year, except 2-3 months (or less) in winter...

Don't listen to people recommending expensive coolers, if yours is doing his job well, why waste more money???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts