Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one of these due to a really good deal. Over clocks great but I've seen the temp get up above 70°. I have a AS5 on my old 7800GT and I really liked it. Kept the massively OC'ed card below 50° and pushed alot of the GPU heat out of the back of the case.

Alas...Artic Cooling does not appear to make a similar cooler for the X1950Pro. All I can find that they make is this. and I don't think it exausts out the back of the case...the side maybe?

Any way, any one know of a different manufacturer that might make what I am looking for? The card has already raised my ambient case temps about 7° and that's after I added another fan in there.

Or perhaps the time has come to include my VGA in my water cooling...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd have to suggest w/c it. You're going to get far more OCing potential out of it that way.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Powercolor equips their X1950Pro's with them stock and the card has a higher clockspeed then reference ati boards.

The VF900 and the Accelero both are fine coolers. My pick would be the VF900 but thats only because its easier to clean then the Accelero. That their isnt a silencer available doesnt really matter. The silencers arent better just because they exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts