Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this sounds crazy but i just got a new case more fans and a new TIM... i have better fans on my rad than i did before, a better case, and according to everyone, a better TIM

i went from 3 tricools + 2 no name LED fans to 3 ultra kazes 3000rpms + 3 coolermaster r4's (for the LEDs)

from an antec 1200 to an 800D

and went from artic silver 5 to MX-3 and my temps went from 35/36 full load to 39/40 full load.... used the same method on each (a drop in the middle and press it down) same block same rad same pump... what happened?

·
Well, hello there...
4,516 Posts

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,554 Posts
maybe different ambients, + keep in mind the 800D most likely doesn't have the same airflow a 1200 provides, proof me if im wrong but the 800d looks like a pretty closed case of the bet.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought of that but im pulling air in from the top and out the rest... even if im running open case the temps are the same... maybe ill try a different mounting method... i was rather excited because i figured i could shave a degree or two off of my previous loud temps

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Go for ocz freeze. Im never gonna go back to any other tim. And yu might wonna try to reseat your cooler. And also the above answers, Not as good airflow

Good luck

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres a little update... just reseated the mx-3 and got the same results, used some of my old AS5 and got 1-2F lower (i literally just did this) so far with every reaseating here are my temps
S=seat

MX-3 S1: 103f-104f
MX-3 S2: 100f-101f
MX-3 S3: 100f-101f

AS5 S1: 99f-100f

all temps are in F for accuracy, its not a big difference but i expect it to lower a little after the break in... AS5 FTW????? come on!

edit: also its PEAKing at 100f, usually its 98f-99f where the MX-3 was going up to 102 occasionally

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Arctic Silver 5 works about as good as any product! I just do not like the 200 hr. curing time.

OCZ Freeze and Arctic Silver 5 are the only ones I use!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.