Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
No such thing. AS5 is the newest and I doubt as6 will come out unless they mix in some gold or something.

• Rep+
Reactions: DFA

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval
No such thing. AS5 is the newest and I doubt as6 will come out unless they mix in some gold or something.
LOL thatd be interesting. itd be backed by like eminem or something. "its gold bling!"

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yasha32
LOL thatd be interesting. itd be backed by like eminem or something. "its gold bling!"
Gold and silver are some of the best heat-conducting metals out there. It'd be mixed for efficiency, not bling.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac
Gold and silver are some of the best heat-conducting metals out there. It'd be mixed for efficiency, not bling.

i am aware of this, but its marketing. what im saying is, give a company an oppurtunity for marketing and theyll take it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Everyone's getting confused between heat and electricity. I believe gold is the best conductor of electricity, while silver tops the heat charts.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i dont see why they dont take all the cheap leftover junk manmade diamonds and grind those upinto a good paste.... i mean it would cost liek 20$ for the small tube of paste, but it would be litterally about 10 times more conductive than even pure silver...!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amped
Everyone's getting confused between heat and electricity. I believe gold is the best conductor of electricity, while silver tops the heat charts.
you are correct, gold doesnt conduct heat even as well as copper, silver is the best metal conductor of heat, while gold is the best metal conductor of electricity....

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sure a diamond paste would be waay over $10. Try like 30 haha. If they ever think of that, I would be interested to see the temp difference. Haha I think some companies should go crazy and make a waterblock or cpu heatsink made entirely of silver. How rad would that be?

-BumBum

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
if i had the casting and a few hundred left over $$ i would cast my own heatsink out of pure silver.... that would be sick! id even polish it up and be like bling bling!!!lol it would work a little better than a copper cooler, by about 5-8c im thinking max.....

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
hey i was just thinking... whats the thermal conductivity of a human....lol anyone wanna be the test subject???

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
I don't even want to find out that one. I think diamond paste would be rad. If they just added ground up diamonds to AS5, we'd have the Ultimate X (for those of you who haven't seen Zoids, it's a long story).

·
Banned
52 Posts
havent you people ever heard of industrial grade diamond? same cost as silver. and same properties as jewlery grade diamond

1 - 20 of 21 Posts