Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi OCN,
Currently I am overclocking my gtx 460 and I am using ATI Tools for artifact scanning and heaven benchmark for stability checking. I am a bit concerned with Ati tools because it is 3 years old and I am not sure if it is still accurate. I know there are furmarks, but I heard it might cause damage on your card as it put too much stress on the card. So is there any other recommandations that most people would agree upon to be the decent artifact scanning software for video card?

Thanks for helping me and those helps are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dontknowa
View Post

Hi OCN,
Currently I am overclocking my gtx 460 and I am using ATI Tools for artifact scanning and heaven benchmark for stability checking. I am a bit concerned with Ati tools because it is 3 years old and I am not sure if it is still accurate. I know there are furmarks, but I heard it might cause damage on your card as it put too much stress on the card. So is there any other recommandations that most people would agree upon to be the decent artifact scanning software for video card?

Thanks for helping me and those helps are greatly appreciated.

OCCT plus it gives an error count

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
OCCT is a good one, I just run the crysis benchmark for 20 mins.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kora04
View Post

OCCT is a good one, I just run the crysis benchmark for 20 mins.

how many loops are there in 20min?

Edit: And how long do you run each OCCT for?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Quote:

View Post

how many loops are there in 20min?

Edit: And how long do you run each OCCT for?

I run them for 20 mins too, but when I see that the temp is leveled and no errors, I just call it stable and go play some games.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Quote:

View Post

just wondering what temp does occt stress you 460 to? at what fan speed?

OCCT is an insane stress test program lol It can push my card harder than any other stress test program. While seeing temps of around mid to high 60s in Furmark or Kombustor(w/ Unlocked Power Draw or Xtreme Burn Mode), OCCT will push my 460 to 75-77C lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts