Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched cases and since my new one has no intake and a ton of exhaust my air pressure is very negative inside the case. Thus, my ATI silencer which never moved much air anyway now can move hardly any at all. I have my X800XT overclocked to PE without any sort of mods and before it ran at 55C fine, now it runs at 63-5C but gets artifacts mostly in 3Dmark but sometimes in games too. What's up? I mean... it's hotter but the stock fan doesn't even speed up until 72C so this is well within the acceptable range. Also if I take the case shell off the artifacts go away (and the GPU drops about 8C).

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i think it just runs all the better at cooler temps,it was more stable at the 55c and even the little jump to 63c makes it less stable and artifacts are showing up...so id say ither get some better cooling, or underclock it a little... but u are probably better off with adding an intake fan or two

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any mountings for intake fans... just a 120MM rear. Maybe I'll try reversing it and seeing if I get better temps. CPU has been running hot lately too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts