Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Zero Soft for a couple days now, and I've decided it's too fast for me. Zero is the slowest Artisan has to offer, so I'm concluding that no Artisan pad will suit me.

Except, maybe Zero XSoft.

The question : is Zero XSoft significantly slower than Zero Soft that I might like it, or is the difference in glide noticeable but insignificant? Will I probably not like that as well?

My previous mousepad was qck heavy.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I've been using Zero Soft for a couple days now, and I've decided it's too fast for me. Zero is the slowest Artisan has to offer, so I'm concluding that no Artisan pad will suit me.

Except, maybe Zero XSoft.

The question : is Zero XSoft significantly slower than Zero Soft that I might like it, or is the difference in glide noticeable but insignificant? Will I probably not like that as well?

My previous mousepad was qck heavy.
It shouldn't be different. I get XSOFT in their pads if it's available, because I suppose it'd be more comfortable. However, even an XSOFT pad isn't depressed a bit with my whole arm on the pad; It is nice for the elbows, though. While it's a novel thought in theory, I don't think the hardness levels of their pads make a difference in glide speed. Just this morning, I got another Raiden, in XSOFT this time. I can compare it with the MID Raiden that I already have, when I get around to it.

Btw, Artisan's XSOFT is cushier than the QcK Heavy despite being half the thickness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It shouldn't be different. I get XSOFT in their pads if it's available, because I suppose it'd be more comfortable. However, even an XSOFT pad isn't depressed a bit with my whole arm on the pad; It is nice for the elbows, though. While it's a novel thought in theory, I don't think the hardness levels of their pads make a difference in glide speed. Just this morning, I got another Raiden, in XSOFT this time. I can compare it with the MID Raiden that I already have, when I get around to it.

Btw, Artisan's XSOFT is cushier than the QcK Heavy despite being half the thickness.
Ah, that's too bad. I don't understand why Artisan promotes their Zero lineup as a Qck replacement. I cannot imagine this pad becoming as slow as Qck Heavy, even with years of wear. It's so much damn faster compared to the Heavy. Or maybe it's a replacement for Qck+? Qck+ did feel faster than Qck Heavy.

So no Artisan pad for me. It's a shame, because their quality is so superb. I almost want to force myself to like this pad, because it is just so high quality. I never knew a mousepad could feel this premium. Japanese craftsmanship is amazing.

But in the end, I perform better on the Qck Heavy.

Btw, what mouse are you using on the Raiden? I was interested in Raiden as people say it's the smoothest surface on the planet, but it supposedly has issues with many mice. I'm using a 3310 ec2-a.... I'm guessing my mouse won't work well on it?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Btw, what mouse are you using on the Raiden? I was interested in Raiden as people say it's the smoothest surface on the planet, but it supposedly has issues with many mice. I'm using a 3310 ec2-a.... I'm guessing my mouse won't work well on it?
I've got a ZA11 I could test it on. Stock feet. I'll get back to you on that one.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
So, I've never really used the 3310 sensor, so I'm not certain how it's supposed to perform, but... It feels more "sluggish" on the Raiden than the it does on the Zero. The ZA11 feels more floaty than the Ultralight does on the Raiden, but perhaps that's just how the sensor is supposed to perform. I also found that while I was doing rapid swipes left and right while moving the mouse up or down, it felt like the cursor wasn't moving vertically as much as it should have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I've never really used the 3310 sensor, so I'm not certain how it's supposed to perform, but... It feels more "sluggish" on the Raiden than the it does on the Zero. The ZA11 feels more floaty than the Ultralight does on the Raiden, but perhaps that's just how the sensor is supposed to perform. I also found that while I was doing rapid swipes left and right while moving the mouse up or down, it felt like the cursor wasn't moving vertically as much as it should have.
Well, goodbye to Artisan for now then. I hope they make slow pads in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts