Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp the title pretty much sums it all up! If I take off the fan and clean everything up and apply a small dabble of AS5 will I get noticable drops in temps? Or is the stock stuff ok? Also can I take off the end ram sink thing and do it to that too?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
i don't think it would <i>hurt</i>. You can give it a try.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Yes on the GPU, no on the RAM. Use Arctic Ceramique for the RAM.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
The paste of the stock heatsink SUCKS! I wouldn't put AS5 on the ram though, as it could get into traces and maybe mess something up...

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Sideburns</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">The paste of the stock heatsink SUCKS! I wouldn't put AS5 on the ram though, as it could get into traces and maybe mess something up...</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Yea, AS5 is slighty capacitive, so watch your application of it. Ceramiqe will be fine on the RAM though.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
I've used AS5 on the RAM plenty of times... Just dont put too much on. Fishie did this to his card and I remember him saying it made no difference.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I can get this stuff from work called noflash (anyone heard of it?). Will that be okay to use to clean off the card? I'm still gonna use 90% alcohol to clean off the core. I plan on givin me pc a good cleaning on wed. Just the perfect time to do a lil adding of as5.... Could I also do this to my northbridge?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts