Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I am extremely addicted to this site, my only complaint is that we don't have enough visitors at night.

We need to push to get more members in Asia so that I can help as many people at night as during the day, who can help with this little goal?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

I have to admit I am extremely addicted to this site, my only complaint is that we don't have enough visitors at night.

We need to push to get more members in Asia so that I can help as many people at night as during the day, who can help with this little goal?

me and yiffy are on here at night

and you gots the UK crew in the morning

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

i know what you mean. i'm a nightowl so at around this time upwards to ~4am is when i do the bulk of my reading & responding to this site... the only people i usually see around are by British brothers (morning & afternoon over there) and a few others who might've just left their computers on overnight. it would be nice to get some more people in those other time zones to participate even though most of us are sleeping.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

me and yiffy are on here at night

and you gots the UK crew in the morning

I am happy with the UK crew and the other members like us that are in North America and come on at night, but the expansion to the rest of the world need to be pushed, I know we have a few members out there but adding more would give us more to do.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

I am happy with the UK crew and the other members like us that are in North America and come on at night, but the expansion to the rest of the world need to be pushed, I know we have a few members out there but adding more would give us more to do.

most definately, you know of any good asian chat rooms???

we could push for india and Taiwan and maybe japan, they seem to be well versed in Computers. We all know microsoft tech support is all from India and pakistan.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
I see what you mean though you cant really help me and Yiffy. Do you know if there are retailers in the asia market that sell overclockable Motherboards???
if not how would we get them to come here for us to solve there problems if they dont care about overclocking??

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

most definately, you know of any good asian chat rooms???

we could push for india and Taiwan and maybe japan, they seem to be well versed in Computers. We all know microsoft tech support is all from India and pakistan.

all I can think of is trying messenger and ISP chats looking for people in those areas, it wouldn't hurt if you do what I do, hit a chatroom fix a few problems then tell them thet your knowledge is dwarved by all of the talent on this site", it is not lying and it bring people over here willingly.

But with this idea I don't want to risk loosing any of the talent that we have here just to try to recruit, I would prefer if we had more word of mouth referreals from our members out there.

We get most of our members by word of mouth and search engines, it is not needed to try to recruit out there, but if we can bring them over to our side then maybe we can have more activity at nigh.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

all I can think of is trying messenger and ISP chats looking for people in those areas, it wouldn't hurt if you do what I do, hit a chatroom fix a few problems then tell them thet your knowledge is dwarved by all of the talent on this site", it is not lying and it bring people over here willingly.

But with this idea I don't want to risk loosing any of the talent that we have here just to try to recruit, I would prefer if we had more word of mouth referreals from our members out there.

We get most of our members by word of mouth and search engines, it is not needed to try to recruit out there, but if we can bring them over to our side then maybe we can have more activity at nigh.

i think unless they are really interested in overclocking your just opening up people to use the site as a crutch for there lack of computer skills...
it could cause there to be alot more members that just seek the answer and then never return.. i think we need to get them interested in the idea od overclocking and then turn them on to our site..

·
Registered
645 Posts
this is my theory... i am not planning on offending anyone in anyway, so if i do, im sorry.

china and india are both located in asia and both have the largest population.
i remember reading somewhere that the chinese governemnt restricts people of internet access. maybe overclock.net is blocked? (correct me if im wrong PLEASE). Also India does have some really geeky people, after talking to my ocusin i ahve concludedthat if there comps break they cant afford another one, so they try and not overclock.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtoMicMoNkEy15

this is my theory... i am not planning on offending anyone in anyway, so if i do, im sorry.

china and india are both located in asia and both have the largest population.
i remember reading somewhere that the chinese governemnt restricts people of internet access. maybe overclock.net is blocked? (correct me if im wrong PLEASE). Also India does have some really geeky people, after talking to my ocusin i ahve concludedthat if there comps break they cant afford another one, so they try and not overclock.

Good points, but we also have Japan, Indonesia and several other technically enabled nations that we can find good members at.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah, i would expect a lots and lots of Japanese people here... but im thinking that they may have there own sites about overclocking. also if u havnt noticed, most people here are from English speaking countries...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Good points, but we also have Japan, Indonesia and several other technically enabled nations that we can find good members at.

Also Taiwan is extremely technoheavy (NewWord
)
but there is a huge gap from germany all the way around to the pacific coast where most of the technoheavy countrys are

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:

We all know microsoft tech support is all from India and pakistan.

how great would that be, to have ms tech support browsing the oc.net forums in search of advice!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
I think a good way to get more members would be to have more professional reviews of motherboards/chips/gpus...etc on the site.

Look at some of the big sites like Anandtech and Hexus....they have lots of members from all over the place on their forums.

Maybe we should look into some kind of rewards scheme for writing good reviews for overclock.net

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

I think a good way to get more members would be to have more professional reviews of motherboards/chips/gpus...etc on the site.

Look at some of the big sites like Anandtech and Hexus....they have lots of members from all over the place on their forums.

Maybe we should look into some kind of rewards scheme for writing good reviews for overclock.net

Good point, but that would only work if they are browsing for help in english, I think we need to find a way to translate the site to other languages to pull some of those members in with the reviews.

·
Registered
167 Posts
first of all yall dont really need to worry about overclockable MB over in asia. I migrated to US from HK. Although companies like Dell & Compaq are so huge that they also have markets in Asia country, they dont really have any huge retailers in Asia like Bestbuy. I remember that, people over there are more likely to build their own computer instead of getting a manufacturer one. B/c there are computer stores everywhere and they put computers togehter & maintain em for u if u r a computer ******. & i think they r just as crazy about OCin their machines as we do. But i bet they do have some IT sites or forum in their own languages already.

The main problem is that this forum is an English based forum. Most asians english level are really limited. & sometimes they might use some Unicode font to type just b/c they think its cool or sth causing it appears as weird character on your comp.... :\\ if we expanded to asia, we all might needa install all the asian languages on our browser in order to help them..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts