Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to recover a while ago and it messed my Foobar2k settings up. I was wondering if someone could help me fix my DSPs and everything. I have ASIO installed and most of it is set up correctly, but the DSPs and the settings on them are probably incorrect. Screen shots help, links to a tutorial is good too. Thanks

For headphones BTW.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Since you're running Windows 7, why not use WASAPI? It's just as good as ASIO and is native to W7 & Vista.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
We need to know which DSPs you are using

Other than that, have a play and use your ears to determine what sounds best.

In foo I only use WASAPI.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if u can hear other sounds while u r playing music with asio...there's a problem.

asio isn't in exclusive mode (means windows is in the way of ur sound path=not very good)
since windows applies internal re-sampling to the audio( = quality loss).

stick to wasapi, u can download the foobar wasapi plugin from the official foobar site, if you want you can use the built in equalizer which is of very good quality,
if wasapi is correctly working ..you wont be able to hear any other sound while you are playing music.

personally i prefer wasapi over asio (being subjective here), wasapi sounds better in playback(again>> for me).

cheers.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Agree with those who say use WASAPI. I personally like not being able to hear sounds from other apps, its worth not being able to listen to music while gaming.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
If you want to play music while listening to other sources, games for instance, then the gain from using ASIO or WASAPI goes out the window. Just switch to a non-exclusive output mode during those times and you'll likely never notice the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts