Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have been playing with different outputs in foobar and setting on my sound card. I tried wasapi and i was not impressed so much. mabey its my speakers or my ears.
So i tried asio with just the foobar component and i was blown away. It sounded awesome and played only threw 2 speakers. So i decided to see what would happen if i turned on Dolby encoding just for the hell of it and my computer crashed!
So reboot and try again. No output with asio. Reboot again, same thing.
So i tried ASIO4all and it plays but it does not sound like it did before.
It doesent help im sure creative's program keeps crashing.
Im gunna reboot to try to get the creative console running again and play with that and see if it helps but do you think im just doing something wrong?
I have it going out on spdifOut btw.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sounds like you have the delay too low on your ASIO driver. The lower the number, the more it uses ram and processer power. Raise the delay time and make sure you are at the right Khz for your device as well.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Hmmm, that's really weird. Did you set up this in ASIO (in foobar) to get all 5 channels?

You may also want to use the channel mixer plugin for foobar to expand to surround. It's probably the best surround algorithm I've heard... ever

1 - 4 of 4 Posts