Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the aspire x-alien and it comes w/ a 420w psu. I know that power supplies included w/ cases are often crap and im planning on replacing it but i was curious if it would last at least a few months.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
depends. are you gonna oc it? if you're not, then it should last a while. if you do oc it, then you're screwed. buy a different psu. when i mean a while, i mean 6-9 months, depending on how good the rails are. how good the rails are will determine how long you can use it.

REP me if i helped out...idc it's up to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteamRoller

I'm getting the aspire x-alien and it comes w/ a 420w psu. I know that power supplies included w/ cases are often crap and im planning on replacing it but i was curious if it would last at least a few months.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
your welcome. welcome to the forums.

if you have any other questions, either PM me or you can just ask anyone, i'm sure everyone is more than glad to help.

what psu are you looking at?

Quote:

No I'm not plannin 2 oc till i get my new psu. thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of getting that aspire 500w premodded psu cause it looks cool and got alot of good reviews

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
look at the reviews. pay attention when they talk about the rails on it. see how much the rails fluctuate, if they barely fluctuate, then you have a good psu. if they fluctuate a lot/ton, don't get it. also, look for how many amps on the +12 volt rail. that rail drives just about everything in your comp. look for as many amps as possible while still getting no fluctuation.
Quote:

I was thinking of getting that aspire 500w premodded psu cause it looks cool and got alot of good reviews

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx atvkid I always skipped 2 the end of psu reviews 2 see what rating the got cause i had no idea what they were takin about in the review

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
x-connects= $$

Me= Cheap (well, not cheap, but thrifty)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

if your looking for a good premodded go for the x-connect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts