Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a problem (well not me, my mate) he has got the board mentioned in subject line and when trying to boot from the DVD Drive (which is an IDE by the way) even with the boot settings correct (set to boot from cd-drive) and correct vista bootable install disk..it just says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any Key"

Does anyone have any knowledge of this board and if there is some old function i need to configure in the BIOS....maybe jumpers on the board itself etc etc....

I could figure our myself very easily, but i live in London and he lives in Bridgwater and we all know how frustrating it can be whilst trying to help someone out with a PC problem whilst your not there and can't really use the process of elimination etc...

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
haha...i thought i wouldnt get much luck with this boring sounding thread oh wells! xD lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by est1984
View Post

try another vista disc....

copy the vista disc under the sloweest burning setting...

update bios...

I appreciate your thoughts and help fully, but the problem has already been solved...not sure how to, or if you can at all, close a thread lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts