Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i built my pc at christmas i found a problem i think when i switch my pc on at the wall socket the fans come on and flash for 1/2 sec or so then go of and the pc starts as normal when i push the power button is this a fault ? cheers . should i overclock it at all ?
also what bios should i use ?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Although this is not normal it is not a problem.Update to the latest BIOS from the Asrock website then o/c the heck out of it

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im scared to overclock it because the last time i done it i had it runnig at 2.35ghz stable and i switched it on one day after cleaning up inside the case and i corruppted the bios so had to get a new board

also a problem i have started to overclock it very slowly and cant find where to set the htt to x4,x3 can any one hely

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
First go back to bios 1.2 or get a beta bios from ocworkbench.com

Second yes the flash is normal

Third the htt is labeled CPU-North bound/bridge one or the other. Its labeled 1000, 800, 600 = 5x, 4x, 3x

The south-north you can keep at 1000, or put it on auto.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wouldn't even bother changing the BIOS unless you're having problems overclocking that board...no offence, but if you don't know the best bios to use, you may not be skilled enough on that subject to update it properly, so why take risks that arnt needed, eh?!

I've messed up BIOS's (which means byebye motherboard, pretty much..) a few times in the past, and it's taught me to just leave well alone unless it NEEDS to be done lol.

I'd deffinetly suggest doing it "manualy", rather than using one of the programs which often come with boards.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Please use "Caps"
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts