Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, trying to breath new life into an older machine via and NVMe SSD and 4770k overclock. I had to go to BIOS version P2.60 to get the NVMe adapter card recognized and bootable. That now works fine.

I de-lidded and liquid metalled my 4770K and got temps reduced to 35-40c at idle (down from almost 55c).

I am new to overclocking and see a dizzying amount of options in the ASRock v2.6 BIOS in their "OC Tweaker" menu (menu images below). Can someone/anyone familiar with this BIOS version or ASRock BIOS direct me in what settings I should modify to increase CPU clock?

It's at 3.5GHz at stock. It'd be nice to be able to get to 4.2 or maybe even 4.5?

Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the record, and for anyone wishing to do a similar project, here's the state of affairs as I see them. Overclocking on the B85M is only available up to BIOS v1.9, the ability disappears at 2.0 and beyond. Booting from an NVMe drive on a PCI Express slot only becomes available in 2.6. So to get the most out of the config, the choice seems to either be overclock and use a SATA SSD, or don't overclock and use an NVMe drive on an adapter card. Have a nice day...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts