Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in all my stuff to build my new computer and this motherboard is giving me a hell of a time. I have owned well over 20 motherboards in my time from MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte and have never had this issue.

Everything works hardware wise with the excpetion of my keyboard and mouse. First of all the motherboard absolutely does not recognize my Razer Mouse and keyboard. If I plug in a generic mouse and keyboard they work in the bios, but do not work outside of that so I can't log into windows. If I turn off the legacy USB option in the bios the keyboard will now work so I can log into windows but the mouse won't work.

I have tried 5 different sets of keyboards and mice and messed with all the options in the bios that I can think of and nothing works. The fact that I can't install a new motherboard and the bios will not recognize the mouse and keyboard is absolutely rediculous.

I have gone to ASRocks website and the few forums they offer plus I have read everything I can think of. This is so frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Are you putting them on the blue colored USB 3.0 ports?If you are then download the driver here:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

Choose your operating system and look for the one that says Etron USB 3.0 driver.I had the same issue where my generic keyboard and mouse would'nt work on the USB 3.0 ports,but after installing the drivers,it worked fine.Hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisco65 View Post

Still stuck, about to send it back =/
Try using the 1.0 bios! I have heard in one or two cases that a razer mouse was giving issues.

·
Banned
8,748 Posts
Yes there was issues with razor mice with this board, cant remember which one.

The 1.1 bios only fixed mice movement in the bios (movement was inverted on both axis for some reason)

Don't hate the board just yet. Its awesome

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally managed to get it working. Here is the hoops I had to jump through:

I had to flash the bios back to 1.0, which is the original bios that the board had when it was first made. In order to do this however, you have to have a thumbdrive or external hard drive, but it cannot be NTFS. It has to be fat32. However you cant use a external hard drive because fat32 only supports up to 4gb. So I had to go buy a 2gb flash drive.

Once the new (old) bios is flashed in there I now dont have a mouse in the bios, but I do have a keyboard. So I can now turn off the legacy usb option using my keyboard, save and reboot.

Now at the windows login screen I no longer have my keyboard but I now have my mouse. So what I had to do was turn on the on-screen keyboard and click my password in. Once logged into windows I could finally re-plug in my keyboard and mouse and have windows re-apply the drivers.

This is pretty rediculous and definately the worst experience I have had with a motherboard so far. I can only hope that once it comes time to overclock the board lives up to the reviews it received.

Thanks to all who helped.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Quote:

I finally managed to get it working. Here is the hoops I had to jump through:
I had to flash the bios back to 1.0, which is the original bios that the board had when it was first made. In order to do this however, you have to have a thumbdrive or external hard drive, but it cannot be NTFS. It has to be fat32. However you cant use a external hard drive because fat32 only supports up to 4gb. So I had to go buy a 2gb flash drive.
Once the new (old) bios is flashed in there I now dont have a mouse in the bios, but I do have a keyboard. So I can now turn off the legacy usb option using my keyboard, save and reboot.
Now at the windows login screen I no longer have my keyboard but I now have my mouse. So what I had to do was turn on the on-screen keyboard and click my password in. Once logged into windows I could finally re-plug in my keyboard and mouse and have windows re-apply the drivers.
This is pretty rediculous and definately the worst experience I have had with a motherboard so far. I can only hope that once it comes time to overclock the board lives up to the reviews it received.
Thanks to all who helped.
Dude! This is absolutly the most ****tiest experience i've seen someone encounter. Sometimes i wonder if this is a hit and miss issue or what. I'm glad you got it working though.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Quote:

I have the p67 extreme4 gen3, not the z68
frown.gif
I have been trying everything I can think of and still nothing. I can't even do a fresh install of windows because the keyboard won't work for that.
ok...heres the new bios for z67 extreme 4 gen 3...and it does fix mouse and keyboard compatability release date 1/12/12

http://www.asrock.com/mb/beta.asp?Model=P67%20Extreme4

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Quote:

It has 1.10 which aacoriding to their website is the most current bios.
You need to DOWNGRADE the bios. The shipping 1.1 bios is the one with the issues. Go to 1.0, and you wont have problems

1 - 19 of 19 Posts