Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, well i was using the bios version that came in with the disc, it was working well, i couldnt put my ram memory to XMP and i couldnt overclock the cpu thou, so i went ahead and made the bios update, now it doesnt enter windows, i get stuck at the bios windows and it wouldnt let me do anything, theres an error code at the dr debug "0d", any suggestions?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
asrock z68 extreme7 mobo
i7 2600k
16 gb ram gskill
revodrive x2
dual nvidia 580 msi lightning extreme in sli
silverstone 1500w psu

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
It seems like the new bios disrupts the keybpard and mouse somehow. The usb support or something pop's up an error relating to the keyboard and mouse.

I would recommend that you either try a PS2 keyboard an mouse and downgrade to the previous BIOS or try this as a little workaround:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaCeR123
View Post

Sorry I should have probably mentioned that the BIOS came with 1.10 pre-installed. Unfortunately that BIOS was not compatible with my mouse and keyboard and therefor I would get error code "0d" on the board. I needed to unplug my mouse and keyboard on every boot in order to get it to past the bios screen. I downgraded to 1.00 and the problem has gone away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by munaim1
View Post

Just a little question, how did you roll back to the P1.00 BIOS from 1.10? did you have to use a ps2 keyboard and mouse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaCeR123
View Post

Actually it's pretty funny. When no keyboard and mouse are installed it will get stuck saying no keyboard or mouse found. If I plug in the keyboard at that time and press delete it would put me into the bios and I had full control with the keyboard, it just couldn't be plugged in during the initial boot.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both for your replys, well i tried the battery thing and it didnt work, i tried the same as Racer123 and it worked, im in windows now, but i installed the first version of the bios and i still have to unplug the keyboard in order to enter to windows, this is getting annoying, im really thinking about selling this board and just get a new one that i can really use my ram at 2133, get a 4.8 overclock and not get any issues like this

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by p1mp1s
View Post

Thank you both for your replys, well i tried the battery thing and it didnt work, i tried the same as Racer123 and it worked, im in windows now, but i installed the first version of the bios and i still have to unplug the keyboard in order to enter to windows, this is getting annoying, im really thinking about selling this board and just get a new one that i can really use my ram at 2133, get a 4.8 overclock and not get any issues like this

yea, some mobo have this issue,i got an extrem4gen3, its fantastic, maybe you are unlucky, u should just return and excahnge it to ur local dealer. u should have like 10 dayz direct replacement or warrenties within like 10 dayz or 15 dayz.

·
Registered
360 Posts
OK I have the same board, maybe I can help.

Make sure you have the latest 1.30 bios installed

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme7%20Gen3&o=BIOS

Now there is a problem with USB 3.0 mice/keyboard while installing windows, you need to use and plug in the usb 2.0 bracket and connect that way.

Once windows is installed use the driver install cd and make sure you install the usb drivers and plug the mouse/keyboard back into the usb 3.0 ports and it should work

You can download them here
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme7%20Gen3

IF you need support go to these 2 forums

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/
http://forums.ocworkbench.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by p1mp1s
View Post

Thanks a lot mate, do i have to reinstall windows and everything?

It's better, if you have a SSD make sure you change the settings before you install

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you disable legacy usb support that worked for me i have a asrock 890gx pro3 and was also getting stuck at bios post screen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts