Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
would you be against getting a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 for $68? it is better than all of the boards you have listed, because it has a 4+1 power phase design, and a heatsink on the VRMs. also it has pretty much all the features of the other motherboards, and usb3

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoopscooper View Post

would you be against getting a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 for $68? it is better than all of the boards you have listed, because it has a 4+1 power phase design, and a heatsink on the VRMs. also it has pretty much all the features of the other motherboards, and usb3
It's going to be running a stock 95W TDP low-end am3 processor. Are VRMs still an issue?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahayassen View Post

It's going to be running a stock 95W TDP low-end am3 processor. Are VRMs still an issue?
none of those boards you had listed have a good power delivery system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahayassen View Post

Does anyone know what version of PCI-E the ASRock N68-VS3 FX supports?
it is running a first gen PCI express X16, but all PCI Express versions are backwards compatible

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
depends on what cpu you plan to use.

Asrock N68-VS3 FX supports an FX4100 quadcore, but its onboard gpu GeForce 7025 cant run any modern game.

Biostar A780L3C only supports up to phenom II 95w but has a decent onboard AMD/ATI HD3000, its also PCI-E v2.0

Biostar A780L3B is the same except its only PCI-E v1.0 so I'd say its the worst of the three.

If you plan to use an FX4100 go for the asrock obviously, but dont even think about overclocking.
If you will use an Athlon X4 without a videocard, go with Biostar A780L3C

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
For a low end mobo. I would go with a Biostar A780L3G or a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3. I know if the Biostar A780L3G with VRM cooler can handle a 1090T @ 4.0ghz than it should handle any 95 watt CPU.
By the way what CPU are you planning on using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.